• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh Corp Mdl:K2358

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome trailers. Bet they got demilled. I'm surprised the trucks didn't get demilled too considering they were made solely for transporting missiles.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another pic of a trailer for these beasts. You can recognize the tractor in front. Liberated the pic from internet, was mentioned as a 1981 US Air Force MX Missile Transport Truck.

air force missile transport truck.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: HDN

MaxvilleTruck

I'm new to this site... I just aquired one of these, plan on restoring, looking for an opinion... would the value be hurt by changing the paint scheme?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm new to this site... I just aquired one of these, plan on restoring, looking for an opinion... would the value be hurt by changing the paint scheme?
I'd do a 3 color camo pattern with a black grill. Camo fixes everything. :-D

A cow catcher on the front might help with the looks a bit. We definately need some pictures, inside and out.

Gunzy

Ya, what would a city public works do with that mutch truck? Seems to be overkill for most city jobs, but then again they probably got it for free.

Ford Mechanic

Ya, what would a city public works do with that mutch truck? Seems to be overkill for most city jobs, but then again they probably got it for free.
We use a really nice M915 or M916 A3 just for pulling trash trailers in and out of the transfer station. A real shame the truck is like new only 5k on the odometer. They may have been doing the same? Or hauling a excavator? We're fixing to get one this year.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ya, what would a city public works do with that mutch truck?
Municipalities and other government agencies can draw vehicles and other surplus items from DLA and DRMO.

They can hold them for a specified period of time, sell them and keep the money.

My guess is that this is the case here.

Reactions: HDN

MaxvilleTruck

Well she breathes!!!!! Motor was seized up...... Got it to turn about 1/4 way.... crawled under took an access cover off and turned motor backwards prying on ring gear till i couldn't any more... hit starter went a little further... did this about half a dozen times... finally freed up, rolled her till she had good oil pressure.. (lots of rust dust come out of the exhaust) let her go she sounds like a swiss watch. Now i just have to figure out the rest of the wiring so i can get her driving!! Might exibition pull her at the local county fair.....

countryroughneck89

Well, It sounds like they were not demilled after all. Glad to hear the taxpayers are getting their money’s worth out of those trailers.
9D49E391-A310-43A6-BC2D-48024DCFC782.jpeg
Ya we don’t use them a lot because the peacekeeper motors are used for launching satellites but RSLP owns them and the equipment. we use them for on base moves mostly. This was last year us getting ready to move a second stage motor to the range to get fired off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks