• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh M1070 HET at Meza AZ show 03/26/17 info

viggenja37

Looking for some details on a M1070 HET that was at the 03/25/17 - 03/26/17 show at Falcon Field, Mesa, AZ.
Who is the owner of the vehicle?
What year is the vehicle?
Any information that is special to this truck?
It looks similar to Matt Lane's 1993 M1070 but it has different front bumper codes:
257 TC 708 FC
Thanks in advance

ua2121

Castle Bravo's truck and his detailed posts are the reasons I joined this forum --- and am considering buying an M1070 myself!

Most of the trucks at auctions seem to be going for under $20,000 --- yet many trucks (especially late-2000s "rebuilds" by Oshkosh) that are with companies (like Eastern Surplus or Plan B Supply) are for $40K+. I understand that any business needs to keep a margin, but this seems too much. Am I missing something?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
San Antonio Truck & Equipment has a bunch of them for sale. On the pricing, to add insult to injury, when these originally sold at auction, they were going for around $8000.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
San Antonio Truck & Equipment has a bunch of them for sale. On the pricing, to add insult to injury, when these originally sold at auction, they were going for around $8000.
There was a huge lot of these trucks sold out of Salina, Kansas a few years ago when GL still had the vehicle contract.

I don't know if they were War Stocks or if they had been turned in by a deactivating Guard or Reserve unit but the average price was 8500 and most of them had less than 100 miles on the clock. A damaged one (looked like it had been laid on its side) sold for a little over 5000.

Only a heavy credit card and distance kept me from buying one.
I'm still kicking myself for not going to the bank and floating a loan for enough to buy several, sell a couple and keep one for myself.auaauaaua

ua2121

Wow! That's just ridiculous.
There was a huge lot of these trucks sold out of Salina, Kansas a few years ago when GL still had the vehicle contract.

I don't know if they were War Stocks or if they had been turned in by a deactivating Guard or Reserve unit but the average price was 8500 and most of them had less than 100 miles on the clock. A damaged one (looked like it had been laid on its side) sold for a little over 5000.

Only a heavy credit card and distance kept me from buying one.
I'm still kicking myself for not going to the bank and floating a loan for enough to buy several, sell a couple and keep one for myself.auaauaaua
Ah, that sucks. Hope we both find a good deal soon. I still can't comprehend how they're being sold for upwards of $40K at some places...

"San Antonio Truck & Equipment has a bunch of them for sale" Do they ave a web sight? couldn't seem to find it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"San Antonio Truck & Equipment has a bunch of them for sale" Do they ave a web sight? couldn't seem to find it.
Nope they are a gritty heavy truck wrecking yard with the usual poor attitude.

JDToumanian

Only a heavy credit card and distance kept me from buying one. I'm still kicking myself for not going to the bank and floating a loan for enough to buy several, sell a couple and keep one for myself.auaauaaua
I'm kicking myself for not maxing out my credit cards on HEMTTs and MK48s... I could pay off my house...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks