• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh MK23 MTVR 7 Ton 6x6 Cargo Truck

mccubbinsjl

I have been following them on IronPlanet/GovPlanet for about a year to see what price range they are selling for and what conditions I can expect. $16K-$20K with minor issues.

Are they street/road legal?
Are these things the same as 5 tons legally? Can we just drive them off the lot or do we have to have them inspected and titled before we can drive them?

Located in Texas.

Thanks in advance

:confused:

dmetalmiki

Oshkosh is a reputable truck. And that engine...over 400 nags under the bonnet, (Hood).
And they do look more aggressive than the (Well proven) Civilian models.

DirtyDirk

I drove mine off the lot. still waiting my SF97 form to title it (in UTAH) Colorado wont allow them. I will keep you posted

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove mine off the lot and I just got a trip permit from California. It was good for me to drive to Utah. CA DMV did not need to see the truck, or do any inspection, and I did not need to show insurance. Seemed strange to me but they just asked for $22 and then they gave me a blank trip permit. I was not stopped but if I had been stopped, the Utah DMV said that if I have the trip permit that was all I needed in place of registration.

NOW, having said that, the state HP would/could ask for proof of insurance, do a quick inspection of the truck, and other things. I passed many HP cruisers but none of them looked twice at me. I think they just assumed I was US Government and let me go by.

ALSO, before I drove off the lot, my son and I fixed a lot of things. I also checked a bunch of things because I did not want any surprises once I started driving. There were a lot of things to fix. As MAdams has said, it will need batteries, fuel, heater switch and horn switch. Mine also needed tires. Check out my thread on the drive from Yermo to SLC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks