• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh P-19 rapid intervention vehicle

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

The local fire department I am involved with recently got an Oshkosh P-19 rescue truck for its fleet. They are desperately looking for any manuals on the truck, specifically operators manuals on the pumping apparatus but also any service or parts manuals, schematics, and diagrams that may be available. If anyone has anything they are willing to sell or make copies of (we would cover the copying costs), please let me know........

thanks

Ziggy

FrankUSMC

Ziggy
Are you talking about the P19 Crash truck? If so, PM me, I still might have my manuals for it. Is yours Air Force or Marine?
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, the above link is the truck we have........ and believe me when I say we need manuals--- I tried contacting oshkosh directly and the only info they said they stil had on the truck were copies of the PR and spec sheets.............

Ziggy

NEIOWA

Find a local National Guard aviation unit they likely help you find a Air Guard FF unit.

Or get them to refer you to the region/state NG maintenance facility. I've found NG guys to be pretty helpful to local FD (often find NG troops are also vol FF).

sandcobra164

I be back in Albany on Friday next week. I have the manuals you desire in (at least USMC ones) and I'll send them to you for the cost of postage (It's Gov helping Gov so I can't charge, I've got a pubs warehouse at the Marine Base in Albany that I'm friends with). Let me know and they'll be in the mail.

FM5332FF

Lee County Port Authority had one of those trucks not too long ago, I believe they might still have manuals for it. Just look them up , Lee County Port Authority. Lee county Florida, Located in South West Regional Airport, or RSW

FrankUSMC

Ziggy
If Sandcobra has a good lead on them, I will wait to see if he has any before I go into our barn (Read easy bake oven) to dig into the crates I have stuff stored in.
Also, the Marine P19, was called a P19A, as it was a little different than the airforce one, as we had different ways of fighting fires.
I drove them for several years till I retired, they have there good points and bad.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
4 years Grunts, 16 years CFR

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If other sources fail, hollar at me.... the Joint Military LandBased Firefighting School is here at Goodfellow AFB - San Angelo, TX. My wife's ex-husband (and OUR good friend) is in charge of FireFighting Vehicle Maintenance at the Base and may have access to some publications that can be released. .... M A Y B E ! ! !

xxx1234

I too am looking for a copy of the TM's or TOs. The museum I volunteer at is now the proud owner of a USAF P-19 Crash Truck. We're trying to at least keep it in driveable condition.

My sources haven't been able to come up with anything and call to Oshkosh produced nothing. I'll even copy and return them back if that's what needed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking for TM 5-4210-219-10 , TM 5-4210-219-24 and TM 5-4210-219-24P ...or...
T.O.36A12-8-17-1, T.O.36A12-8-17-2, and T.O.36A12-8-17-4

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
xxx1234... all those publications are restricted and not for public distribution. If you can provide a .gov or .mil address I will be willing to send digital copies.

interesting user name...

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Aircraft crash and structural fire fighting truck, usaf type a/s32p-19 (nsn 4210-01-137-9944) (w/o structual fire fighting kit); usmc type a/s32p-19a (4210-01-137-9943) w/structural fire fighting kit); usaf type a/s32p-19b (4210-01-137-9943) (w/structural

nanlin

Thank you frank8003! Yes, that USMC one would be what I need.

Any chance you or anyone know where I can download or pay for a hard copy somewhere? I think someone on this thread had some leads few years back... Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks