• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh rebuild?

moose

Hi there everyone. I noticed a number of trucks for sale on e-bay that have been rebuilt by Oshkosh. They don't seem to hold their value very well, as some are selling for around $8000-9000 on e-bay, and Oshkosh sells them for around $30,000. My real question is what is included in an Oshkosh rebuild? What do they do to the trucks( I am looking for an m813). I was also wondering if any of you have an Oshkosh truck? If you do have one, please tell the rest of us about the quality of the rebuild, and the overall quality of the truck that you ended up with.
Basically, I want to know if it is worth the money. Thanks for your time and any response that you all might have.

whyme

i wasn't aware of Oshkosh rebuilding the 800 series trucks but im no expert either. as for value, there are a number of factors, demand for these trucks isnt very high (collectors and some businesses) compared to how plentiful they are. also consider that rebuilt or not these are 30-40yo trucks that have gone through who knows what. lot of what ifs and as most businesses need reliability they will buy from a dealer and the collectors will never pay a ton for a toy.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP is referring to a surplus truck dealer (Oshkosh Equipment), not to be mistaken for Oshkosh Trucks that produces the HEMTT, amongst other trucks. I have no idea what OE does to their trucks. Google them or PM them. OE is a member here.

Do not confuse Oshkosh Equipment Supply, OES, with Oshkosh Truck. OES is a used MV dealer that "refurbishes" and sells used trucks, mostly 5 tons. Oshkosh Truck is the manufacturer of current MV's and other large trucks.
OES is the guy you see on E-bay and he is a member here too. I know some guys on the site have bought from them. Prattcobra just had some posts about an M813 that he just bought.
I have talked with OES a few times, give them a call, they are nice people.

jaxsof

They are really easy to deal with. I have an M813a1 I got from them. I am happy with the work they performed, and with the truck over all. My reason for buying from them, as opposed to GL was the time involved in what they were doing. I am capable and accredited to perform the work, but I really dont have the time. The Real job(mine and the other half's) take 13 hours, 6-days a week. For what they paid for the truck, the rubber they put on it, and the labor to go through and make repairs to it, I feel I got a bargain. It seems pricey, and I would have loved to do it myself, but at some point you have to be honest with yourself.

Thanks Casey! (OES)