• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh Snow plow W/ frozen motor

JimM37

It looks like this... and plows both ways.Its called a Frink roll-over plow very innovative and efficient. With WT-2206 behind it at 50MPH it makes short work of a 12,000 ft runway

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I can NOT imagine the EFFECT on people here (GA) if there was enough SNOW to need even one of those plows, we would NOT need the MYIAN end of the world, with the kind of drivers here, the streets would look like a combat zone

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can NOT imagine the EFFECT on people here (GA) if there was enough SNOW to need even one of those plows, we would NOT need the MYIAN end of the world, with the kind of drivers here, the streets would look like a combat zone
Dosen't a inch of snow shut Georgia down?

Jim, thanks for the extra shots, it's Beastly:evil: Like I said, I can't wait for the day it comes back to life and i can feed its huge Gas Tank. I like the mount shot of the Frink!!!
This is turning out to be a good thread with all the pictures, keep em coming

APM215

Some days I just wave the snow shovel at the sky and hope to knock it away from the driveway. Its not so bad here in Bradford but when I was living up north and when I was growing up on the farm we would have the township V-plow clear the road; sometimes they would run two trucks so if one got stuck ramming a big snow drift the other could pull it out. I love those old Oshkosh plow trucks!

Bighurt

Good Thread.

I'll have to remember this for when Minot gets rid of their WT2206's and I happen to get one...LOL Personally i like the newer cabs better, that signiture windshield is iconic.

Ours are diesels...

BTW nice shots of K.I Sawyer jim!

crasheej

You don't know what fun is until one of those trucks brakes down out on the run way and the wind is doing 60MPH '. I can tell you snow will find a way to next to the skin that you would not think possibe. On top of that it has got to be O dark. Just about more fun then you can stand at one time. Loved it at the time. To be young again.

When I was young living in Wisconsin I was a cable linesmen, Tied in at the top of a pole in 50 mile plus wind and snow all the way up to my lunch pale. So glad to say it was 65 and sunny today and thats the way I like it.
Thanks for all the help posted in this tread, you guys are really the best[thumbzup]
Mark

NEIOWA

It's cousin

Now listed at Ft Drum DRMO

NIIN 008107074: SNOW REMOVAL UNIT,SELF-PROPELLED

MANUFACTURER NAME:ANY ACCEPTABLEENGINE MANUFACTURER NAME:CUMMINS ENGINE COENGINE MANUFACTURER IDENTIFYING NUMBER:MODEL NH250PRIME MOVER MANUFACTURER NAME:FOUR WHEEL DRIVE AUTO COUNIT RAISING/LOWERING METHOD:HYDRAULICROTARY POWER UNIT TYPE:GASOLINE ENGINESIDE MOUNTED WING:NOT INCLUDEDLOADING DEVICE:INCLUDEDPRIME MOVER MANUFACTURER IDENTIFYING NUMBER:MODEL 502300PRIME MOVER CHASSIS TYPE:4 BY 4PRIME MOVER CAPACITY:7.500 TONS NOMINALPRIME MOVER ENGINE TYPE:GASOLINEBLADE CUT WIDTH:8.500 FEET NOMINALCUT HEIGHT:48.000 INCHES NOMINALSPECIAL FEATURES:WINTERIZED TO -65 DEG F,W/TWOREARMOUNTED ENGINES,FOUR WHEEL STEERINGREFERENCE NUMBER DIFFERENTIATING CHARACTERISTICS:AS DIFFERENTIATED BY ROTARY UNIT POWER TYPE,PRIME MOVER MANUFACTURES NAME,PRIME MOVER MANUFACTURERS IDENTIFYING NUMBER,PRIME MOVER CHASSIS TYPE,PRIME MOVER CAPACITY,PRIME MOVER ENGINE TYPE,ENGINE MANUFACTURERS NAME,ENGINE MANUFACTURERS IDENTIFYING NUMBER AND SPECIAL FEATURES

Attachments

dburt

I thought the grader blade was a good idea on the truck. Sort of a dual purpose blade, you can use it down when you are pushing snow to help remove snow and ice build up on the surface you are doing snow removal on or use in to smooth gravel or rock in the summer time on the road surfaces.
I used to own an Austin-Western AWD grader, I loved that machine! Nothing is more satisfying then grading a road surface smooth, ditching, crowning a road, etc.
Unless it is about a 60,000 lb track excavator and you are just digging holes!
Or maby a D7H filling in those holes? Or maby . . . . . .:mrgreen:

JimM37

These trucks were the "Great Whites" of the snow plowing ocean not taking away any thing from the Walters or FWDs but the Oshkosh WT2206s are my favorites.

Crasheej is right a 12000 ft runway at 0 dark thirty and the wind blowing up the crack of your wazoo separates the pups from the "Big Dogs". Remember trying to get those bent up shear bolts outa the couplings of the blower saftey flanges Ernie?
One of those gotta take your gloves off treats.
Heres a couple more pictures for you fellows.

Attachments

Quick update,
Spoke with Alex today at IMP, said he has had the pan off for a couple of weeks and apply pressure to the crank, NO movement. I also received a email from the airport manager who said "he drove it almost daily for years at the airport and personally drove it its last 6 miles to the yard where it was auctioned from". Said the truck was never overheated, always mantained and ran out with out issue. He added that he was completely surprised when the transporter could not start to load last November. So I am at a loss, WTF, could there be something else a miss.
Alex said he would be spending some personel time on it in the week to come, he really would like to get to the bottom, as would I.
Once again I ask the group for any thoughts or comments:?:
Alex also said when his guy drained the oil the first gallon or so out was water, clean almost drinkable water, no anti freeze, the stack is not pointed up to the elements eitheraua
Remaining hopeful but hoping for a small sign from.........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks