• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh Wt-2206 Snow fighter US air force just bought one

Xtreme fab

I am new here, so if I put this in the wrong spot, please move.

I just had a child hood dream come true. I always wanted an oshkosh snow fighter since I was a kid, after seeing one plow our street during a blizzard.

I just picked up this wt-2206 from Gov planet surplus for $7750. I can't believe I got it that cheap. Normally they come up for sale, they are out west some where or way up north. This one came from letterkenny supply depot. About 60 miles from my house.

She runs great. Soon as we got her off the trailer we took her for a spin.

But I am in need for some parts for her. I need the front mounted PTO hydraulic pump and gear box. Its missing along with the rest of the hydraulics. Not a big deal. Since I got plenty of other stuff laying around for that.

I also need the drivers side engine cover. The engine stop doesn't work so somebody took the cover off so you an manually kill the engine on the side.

Any help is appreciated.

In the mean time its doing a heck of a job as a billboard for our western and buyers snow plow dealership. People keep stopping in to come see "Snowzilla" (we named her already) Claiming its the largest snow plow truck in carroll county, md.

Attachments

1bonehead

Wthout even knowing it your truck was already posted in the MV spotted thread. I live around the corner off 31 from your shop. That truck is awesome looking. I would love to check it out some time. The transfer case is really huge!!! Congrats on the find and following your dream.

Xtreme fab

Wthout even knowing it your truck was already posted in the MV spotted thread. I live around the corner off 31 from your shop. That truck is awesome looking. I would love to check it out some time. The transfer case is really huge!!! Congrats on the find and following your dream.
Please feel free to stop by anytime to see "snowzilla" Its a heck of a climb up to the cab.

Xtreme fab

Yes, there is a cutting edge on top and the bottom. You pick the plow up and hit the rotate level. The plow spins 180 degrees and sets back down angled the other way. Basically its like a one way plow but can still be angled. A one way plow always throws snow better than a standards straight bi-directional plow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBVSsEh1CHQ Video of one rolling over

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got to drive a "Rollover" a few times down the runway at Griffiss AFB in NY. My buddy was an operator and I was in the cops, so.....well who's going to question it right?? They are a BLAST to drive down a 5 mile runway at speed (well their "speed" is certainly relative) and throw snow ! Then roll it over and do it again. When its real icy under the snow, the mid down blade will be your best friend in the world to stop with ! What's funny on those is many were originally 1944-45 trucks, that were sent back to Oshkosh to be rebuilt fairly regularly. They would repower, recab, new bed etc, but the axles and such alot of times would still carry the original build dates in the 40's. Great trucks for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks