• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oskosh snow plow

66Reo6X6

Sure could have used one of those here last year! Had to walk a mile just to get into my place when the county was running behind schedule trying to keep the roads open.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent many hours (days) clearing runways in vehicles exactly like those pictured at Griffiss AFB.
They would go thru snow nearly 10 feet high. Not much would stop them.
I wish I had a roll over plow now to clear the roads to tower sites, sure would do better than my F-250.
We receive 14 inches of snow here and nearly 24 inches up in the mountains.

Attachments

rideni

lucky you get a plow truck to your tower sites.
I have to walk on my railroads right away 3/4 miles then walk up a hill , while carrying all my gear in 30 inches of snow tomorrow.
Antenna that is being replaced is about 21 feet tall

Towerguy1

There was one at Reese AFB Texas before it closed while I was there, Don't recall it ever getting used.

On the other hand, There are many of them here in Maine. Both military and civilian versions, mostly in the reserve fleet for big storms.

maxim

There are 3 running around here. Oshkosh, FWD and a Walter. There are natural gas and crude oil pump jacks around and they clear the access roads. They are being phased out though. A new Ford 4WD tractor has better road gear than any of them.

OpieNoTool

Opie, where is the pic, the one with the truck off the road and the grader and the city loader? From this yaer?
The first pic. is it , thats from 2 weeks ago it doesnt look that bad but the snow on the one side is all thats keeping it up right. sorry dint mean to hi jack the tread.. heres a couple more. the oshkosh truck is the same model as the first truck in this post, its an ex Air Force truck Marquete air station. shes got lots of power but it doesnt do much good when the top speed is 25 mph.:driver:

Attachments

AndrewH

I thought I'd try and get a pic of the Oshkosh at the Charleviox Airport. It has a huge blade on it. Hasn't snowed enough I guess because it is still hiding in its garage.

pwrwagonfire

Got 3(!) of these at a local city airport next to my house, the things really are huge.

A town near me at school (Whately)'s highway department has an Ex-air force one of these, really very cool looking machine.

JimM37

The first pic. is it , thats from 2 weeks ago it doesnt look that bad but the snow on the one side is all thats keeping it up right. sorry dint mean to hi jack the tread.. heres a couple more. the oshkosh truck is the same model as the first truck in this post, its an ex Air Force truck Marquete air station. shes got lots of power but it doesnt do much good when the top speed is 25 mph.:driver:
Hey Opie where is the Oshkosh 2206 located? I'm not far from you.

crasheej

I don't know how you could loose a roll over blade off one those trucks . Those are one big hunck of iron. Must feel off the truck and a f350 ran over it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks