• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OTR trans in 816

wcuhillbilly

Ok, been searching on here for a few days and keep finding hints that someone or a group of someones have successfully installed OTR trannys of the Eaton Fuller family into their MVs.
(disclaimer) I am not looking for speed, just the ability to utilized the axle gearing while trimming RPMs

I have access to a 10spd Eaton/fuller and am considering obtaining it for the someday pile.
I have layed under my new to me truck,(while fixing the parking brake) and noticed that the front driveshaft, the PTO drive shaft and the air cylinder for the remote clutch engagement would possibly be a hinderance for a twin counter shaft tranny....

Any light you sultans of the OD green world can shed on this (AND PICTURES !!!!!) would be most helpful.

also if anyone has successfully added a Jake to the NHC 250.....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ok, been searching on here for a few days and keep finding hints that someone or a group of someones have successfully installed OTR trannys of the Eaton Fuller family into their MVs.
(disclaimer) I am not looking for speed, just the ability to utilized the axle gearing while trimming RPMs

I have access to a 10spd Eaton/fuller and am considering obtaining it for the someday pile.
I have layed under my new to me truck,(while fixing the parking brake) and noticed that the front driveshaft, the PTO drive shaft and the air cylinder for the remote clutch engagement would possibly be a hinderance for a twin counter shaft tranny....

Any light you sultans of the OD green world can shed on this (AND PICTURES !!!!!) would be most helpful.

also if anyone has successfully added a Jake to the NHC 250.....
You are correct on the trans interference, what you need is a OLD spicer 8 or 10 speed, these are narrow boxes, with the split shift on the back, if you find TWO let me know.

The Canadians had ALL there 809s jaked

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're also going to have to watch out on length also. You don't have a lot of space to work with between the bellhousing and the transfer case.

While I do believe the 5-tons would greatly benefit from better gear selection, looks like it would be quite a job to get it done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks