• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our M35s

Dieselholic92

Here are some pictures of my M35 and my dads M35. His is the yellow 1952 Reo, former military, then former civil defence, with a Reo Gold Comet.

Mines the red and white 1952 Studebaker, former military, former house mover, with a Reo Gold Comet. He wont let me touch his, plus it still runs like a top, so I'm going to swap a diesel into mine.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

In the 3rd pic, what is that gauge at the bottom of the dash under the Inst. cluster? Also, Interesting looking frame attachment there in the 6th pic...is that part of the "house mover" thing? All in all, with a little TLC, both these rigs look like they could be very nice indeed.

Dieselholic92

In the 3rd pic, what is that gauge at the bottom of the dash under the Inst. cluster? Also, Interesting looking frame attachment there in the 6th pic...is that part of the "house mover" thing? All in all, with a little TLC, both these rigs look like they could be very nice indeed.

Yeah thats a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

I'm assuming thats part of the house moving set up. Thats the way it was when I got it. The guy that owned it before me parked it when the driver side front tire blew out and it was on there when he got it from the house movers in the early 80s. So if it's nice on Saturday (never know with this Minnesota weather) I'm hoping to change around some of the tires and get it back up and rolling. The i'm going to take that bracket off the back, its just bolted on.

CobraCDR

Should be a fun project, keep up posted on your progress!

Better hurry though... shouldn't Minnesota be getting a few feet of snow by Halloween?

Dieselholic92

Should be a fun project, keep up posted on your progress!

Better hurry though... shouldn't Minnesota be getting a few feet of snow by Halloween?
You never know. Last year it didn't know before halloween but the year before that it did. I don't want it to snow yet but it would be nice since I just traded my sled off for a newer one

CobraCDR

I remember the Halloween blizzard of 1991, three feet of snow over the weekend (and that was before I had a 4x4 vehicle).

I won't get to work on my truck at all, won't be back to the U.S. until early January. Other than some very basic maintenance, not much that I will be able to do until things thaw back out next spring. It does give me time to figure out what projects I will need to undertake and have everything ready to go, which isn't a bad thing.

I like the civil defense yellow. Was the vehicle used in that capacity at any time?

Dieselholic92

I remember the Halloween blizzard of 1991, three feet of snow over the weekend (and that was before I had a 4x4 vehicle).

I won't get to work on my truck at all, won't be back to the U.S. until early January. Other than some very basic maintenance, not much that I will be able to do until things thaw back out next spring. It does give me time to figure out what projects I will need to undertake and have everything ready to go, which isn't a bad thing.

I like the civil defense yellow. Was the vehicle used in that capacity at any time?
What do you have for a truck? I always like planning out projects even when I know it'll be a while.

I have no idea if it was ever really used much. My dad bought it from Clem Anton who owned Aton Chevrolet here in Marshall. He stored it in his shed for probably 15 years before but kept it in good running order.

Dieselholic92

543011_10151501268974688_1457695232_n.jpg

I finally got the Reo M35 into my shop. I'll have to upload some more pictures later since the internet is slow where I'm at now. I put two Caterpillar batteries in, and it's turning over pretty well, but it just won't fire even after I filled the fuel bowl up twice on the carburetor. I have a frayed wire coming out of the back of the distributor that I need to fix, so that could be it.

Attachments

Dieselholic92

IMG_1099.jpgIMG_1100.jpgIMG_1101.jpgIMG_1102.jpg

There they all are. There will be more updates later this week. It shouldn't be too hard to get it running. Just wondering, does anyone know the dimensions of a Reo Gold Comet engine right off hand? Starting to get some ideas for a diesel swap in my Studebaker M35.