• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our new rig (first Deuce/MV)

IronDeuce

I went into work one day and first words to a buddy/co-worker were "lets get a deuce and make it our corporate promo rig." His response: "I'm in!"

We scoured CraigsList, Ebay, googled for dealers, etc etc, and settled on picking up one from a private seller on Ebay. His offer to drive it over 100 miles for delivery sealed the deal as a testimonial enough for us to consider it a done deal at $5,500.

His father is a diesel mechanic, so when they got it they took care of all head gaskets, manifold gaskets, new radiator, and tons of other little fixes. Right now, we have a solid ride that could use a change of brake and axle fluids, has one pesky in-dash air leak, and a broken oil pressure gauge (dont worry, still pumping oil).

Its a 1970, used to have a winch, used to have a fording kit, retained its drop-side bed, has a heater installed, and more. It underwent the re-work by the military in 1990 to take away its multifuel capabilities, but from what I understand its got a little more power now as a result.

This weekend we just enjoyed taking it out on the suburban streets of Northern Virginia. Needless to say, it turned TONS of heads, and was actually a show stopper at the cars and coffee that we frequent on the weekends. Here is a youtube testimonial as I rolled in for its debut. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WK6ruCuT1c&feature=share

Right now plans include fixing some minor issues, painting it Tan (Behr style), installing a standalone 12v system, adding offroad and backup lights, interior upgrades, electronic upgrades, making new cargo bows, and a few other things along the way. Long term it will grow to a quad cab, with singles.

Going to be a blast to say the least! Looking forward to learning more from you all, and sharing progress as it undergoes its transformation.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks