• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our Ward Lafrance

Petelgv1

In one pic there is my senior boss Ron, at the wheel and his son on the side. My main boss. Here is a pic of Rons Ward that he used when he worked for a Haulage company,

Attachments

waayfast

Hello again,
Just replied to your other post, YES, I have one of these --just not near as nice as yours! LOL!

I also have two British Jerry cans dated 1943 , with VM (Vauxhall Motors) as the manufacturer, to put on it when it eventually gets on the road and in the shows! Also have a 1944 Monarch (US of course) water can and a folding canvas water bucket to go on the holder on the left cowl.

Really great pictures here--please post more. I'm really going to need some closeups of various items to help with recreating some pieces that are missing on mine.

Is your engine the original Continental 501, or has it been repowered with something you can find parts for?

Anyways ---very cool ride!!!

Jim

Last edited:

Petelgv1

Hello again,
Just replied to your other post, YES, I have one of these --just not near as nice as yours! LOL!

I also have two British Jerry cans dated 1943 , with VM (Vauxhall Motors) as the manufacturer, to put on it when it eventually gets on the road and in the shows! Also have a 1944 Monarch (US of course) water can and a folding canvas water bucket to go on the holder on the left cowl.

Really great pictures here--please post more. I'm really going to need some closeups of various items to help with recreating some pieces that are missing on mine.

Is your engine the original Continental 501, or has it been repowered with something you can find parts for?

Anyways ---very cool ride!!!

Jim
Hi, yes she still runs on her original Continental petrol engine. A lot of people change them for diesel's but we like to keep original. Ours is pretty much complete. We have the original canvas doors as well. She is very low mileage. On the front bumper says about traffic recovery so I guess she was not moved a lot.
I have found a pic of her in a Museum on google but am having probs finding that museum.
When my boss viewed her out in Belgium she was complete, but when we went to the Hook of Holland as foot passengers to meet her, she was missing the "Whiffle tree" off the front and the A bar that rides on the beam.
We are desperate to find a Whiffletree now as if we have a breakdown we will need to hook a Bar to the front.
here is the pic I found of her in a museum.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

You know what, that SO p...s Me o..! (when) you see a vehicle complete in pictures and then when you travel a bunch of miles to collect it there are (genuine hard to replace) Parts missing. That happened to me when I went to collect my M62. Had a proper ruckus with the guy selling it, (until my lad counting the cash gave him "short". Boy (then did HE did rant on) But My boy just out stared him without any comment (THEN picked up all the shop manuals from the table (..still THAT look...and)).. we fired up and left!...Ho Hum.We are still looking for those parts to this day.