• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out with old, in with the new (trailers)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like the recessed reflectors.

But body repair won't be nearly as easy.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry, I didn't mean reflectors, I meant the running lights.

papercu

Trailers

You better like them, they have been on the drawing board since before 1997 I'll bet if you took all the money spent on R&D and then the cost to modify the ones already build that failed and the repair cost to the HMMWVs that the bumper fell off and then to buy more of the new design the final cost for each trailer would be as much as a new HMMWV or more. Wayne

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KAA/is_6_30/ai_81008411

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Trailers

They ought to fit the HMMWV perfectly. The M101 went all the way back to the M37 and fit it perfectly - right down to the wheels.

Lee in Alaska

Hammer

I know where a bunch are going to be (or should be already...)
I was supposed to have pictures today, but hopefully I will get some more soon.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the new trailers have that jack. Apparently, there are a lot of women in the Armed Forces right now, who had a hard time putting their backs into picking up the trailer tongue by muscle power. The jacks are to help them out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks