• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out with the old - in with the new!

armytruck63

I like the invitation for "out of the box thinking" here.

It would be great if we could somehow make a more "newb friendly" search function. This would not only help the newbs, but also us Baby Boomers (and older) who didn't get computer experience as kids.

area52

I had talked to Chris already and volunteered to help with the classifieds any way I can. Its a pet peeve of mine to see some things in there that should not be.

davidkroberts

How about a list of carriers and shippers who will work with military vehicles that MEMBERS have used before. Seems like we are always having someone need transportation somewhere could be a good sticky

SirFuzzy

Idea!

I had a suggestion for the Classified Ads section. I am a new member to this sight and trying to find parts in the section "Classified Ads" near my home town is very frustrating.
If you find an add you like you have to click on it and then look over to see where that member/Ad is located.
It would be much simpler to add a search by closet to you home location function to you Classified Ads section... A.K.A Kinda like eBay?
Example: Closet first, highest price first, lowest price first, ect...
I like the sight very much but finding parts in this section is hard to do. It would also be nice if in the Ads Description it would tell the location of the part ect also.

woodywood

Private
i love this site!sounds like whats going to happen will make me skip more work so i dont miss anything!thanks for making it better for everybody around the world!(including our SPECIAL guests!)

Sierra51

You may want to contact Sam Simpson @ ramchargercentral.com for ideas and general site configuration help....I'm a member over there and he has done a fantastic job with the site....just throwing it out there....Paul

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you ALL for the tremendous amount of work that you do "behind the scenes"! I agree, and will be thinking on some different areas of the site that I might offer a suggestions on. Some very good ones have already been made, I hope that they PMed them to you too. THANKS AGAIN!
God bless,
Tony:)

Last edited:
Thanks Mike! Whatever one can do to make this site better for all and more user friendly is a very large undertaking. I hope other members of this site will have patience and an understanding that these improvements will help all of us and our hobby. I for one enjoy the site and anything to make it better for all to enjoy is fine with me. Good luck!! elkhunter

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can offer a specific kind of help. Although I have built websites in a previous life and have experience with a couple CMS packages I would prefer to evaluate your security. It's part of what I do in real life. If you would like for me to help you can PM me. I am currently being certified by SANS for web application security testing.

Most of the other suggestions seem reasonable although I don't know if I'd listen to Gimpy. I am glad I got the manuals downloaded to my iPad though.

sw

Well YAll Im a newbie by all accounts ill admit to it but we all have our strengths what we are good at Any Help need from me PLEASE FELL FREE TO ASK as i will help in anyway i can this Site has been detrimental to me owning a MV CUCV 1008 been very informative

Ps We should get a Sticker made up for The forum i know i would gladly have it in my back window of the CUCV :smile:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knowing times are tight for everyone right now especially with christmas here , I'm sure even a small donation to the site would be greatly appreciated to offset the costs involved in the upgades . I don't think you will find a better group of people willing to share their time and knowledge of MV's to help another member

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MIKE ,CHRIS, I have only been on the site for a short time,but am a total addict!!!! and as a matter of fact the reason I finally broke down and bought a computer at all ,was this site. I have been
fooling round with MV's for many years and this site brings it all together for me. Good people,
good discussions,parts. I am VERY limited in computer graces!!! but will help in whatever capacity
would be most beneficial. My only suggestion is the format and colors used in this forum to me depict a Military theme well and I would be opposed to a change in that area as I think it is part
of what gives this site a unique personality. I have been on other sites and it seems so .........
"HO-HUM" (read boring) Where as this site projects its personality as "BEING IN MOTION" best way I can explain it. Please let me know what I am needed to do and I will do my best to fulfill the request. And thanks for the GREAT site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popacom / BILL in KY:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks