• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Out with the old - in with the new!

gunner01

Oh come on guys... we all know the Mike has been hibernating and just woke up and is in need of some pats on the back.except for papabear and wreckerman they will give him pats on his belly. j/k . Mike you have done a good job of fishing for compliments now just get our site backup and running and dont forget our beloved air horn in chat if you do westy said he would ban you to the motorpool with your old friend freight train......keep up the great work you do behind the scenes.............. gunner out

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For me at least I only have a CUCV but I want lots of MV's and I enjoy reading about ALL of them, I would not want to miss all the great threads in other sections so (no offense) but this idea is horrible.

well thats you not me. most of the new threads about them are "how do i fix this, how do i fix that" and it gets annoying seeing them all.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

just an idea

Reading your " asked for" suggestions..would it be practical in having a "select" (menu) page ( for one of the forums or sales classifieds as appropriate) that is designed around a vehicle dash? there are enough intstuments in the M series dash panal for 10 or 12 menu selections? just a thought...

Reactions: CCC
Hello, Thanks to everybody involved in SS website,been very informative to me,being from eastern CANADA AND owning a m35a2 isnt easy,it helped me bob and install power steering,currently installing a snow plow,great little truck,keep up the good work
THANKS

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know some folks will complain about this but location. The state is just not enough. Not looking for a ZIP code
I think a zip code is just about perfect. Forces everyone into using a uniform, similar system. Tells everyone else where someone lives but leaves a fair amount of privacy.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Why not just put city/state so you don't have to look it up?
Because if you leave the location box open and allow members to type anything they want, instead of "Winder, Ga." you'll get "Southwest USA" and other such stuff and we'll constantly be chasing folks asking them to be more specific and then you have the rabble rousers who think there are hordes of black helicopters hovering over their house just waiting for them to verify on an internet forum where they are.

The only choice that leaves is drop down menus for city and state, which I assume are out there and easy enough to use.

But you have to pay for them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So why not make all new members be "approved" by a MOD. They could check that all the info is correct before becoming a member? Also, the helicopters are Charcoal not Black.:cookoo:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well gimp, my answer to that would be that there are ALOT of people volunteering to help and nothing is heard back. Also, I am guessing we are talking 5 people or so at best a day which would take seconds for one mod to make sure the info is correct before approving. Next comment....

Just redid my math-12 a day or so. Say 2min for one Mod. oops.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like a telepathic version. Something where I don't have to be troubled to use a computer or a phone. And why do we have to upload pics or link them from another site, can't we just think them into place? I just don't have time to use these devices. (Humor)

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a new guy, but I'd like to say how much I enjoy everyday reading all the different threads. I spend one hour a day on the computer ( while I drink my two beers ) 95 percent of it is with you guys. Whatever you want to do is alright by me. Thank All of You for this site!:grd: Ron

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The ONLY thing that I see needing FIXED on a already GREAT site, is a way to keep my THANK button from going AWOL or MIA (like NOW and every few days), I think hate and discontent with help from F--- and screw U are kidnapping THANK because they don't like NICE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks