• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ouverson stuff, the ultimate test

hot rod deuce

Ok I got my shipment of lock-outs and had to put them on and post some pic's. (after spending this much i gotta do something, i cant drive it yet).

I would say this has to be getting close to a heck of a test. 53" tires and a B-cummins with lots of weight (longer wheel base and double the cab wight). They look like they are surounded and out numbered by the 1600's

Anyway these things are awsome. TONS of billet. His name and phone number are CNC-ed on the front. Looks super trick. (too good for my truck!!) Did i mention stainless steel bolts? Orings where they mount on the wheel hub. No more gaskets and silicone sealant when you re-pack wheel bearings for long trips or do brake work. Totaly sealed up.

I have one set for the front and one for the rear with double splined axles for the ultimate in fuel milleage, tire and diff wear.

I also have an extra set that i mounted (was going to use them on every axle) that i would sell for 570 bucks plus shipping. Never been ran down the road. Probably cant tell from a new set other than the anti-seize compound on the bolts.

I can get more if anyone is interested, he kinda gave me a deal since i bought so many.

Enjoy the pics, oh and those are the custom wheels i built 10 3/4 wide.

Attachments

M1075

Wow, I'm surprised how far those hubs stick out with the stock rim. I'd bet they would look good with my singles though!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My sentiments too. A really nice high quality hub but the way they stick out detracts from the looks on a stock deuce anyway. (my opinion). Maybe someone will just have to have the Ouversons and sell ar trade me a pair of the cheesy Selectros.

hot rod deuce

they do stick right out, i am going to contact randy and see if he can get me some in OD green rather than black. Probably have to take a bunch but i think we can move them. Now just think. If you bought a set for the rear-rear axle and put a remco drive shat disconect on there how much milage you would get? Its basicly the same amount of extra rotating mass as the front. Not to mention the wear and tear savings on bearings and gears.
There are more pics of the truck on here some where i just gotta find the post

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stainless Steel bolts are probably not as strong as grade 5 even, I would check on the spec.

Blake, what did you get before installing your new hubs, MPG-wise?
More test results would be nice.

For anybody to test the mpg with and without hubs, just cut a piece of plywood, a center hole to support the axle and several mounting holes. Install it in place of the original hub. Okay for a day trip. If you get better milage get a set of these, although cost may be a factor for some of us.
My son simply drove without hubs on his M37 untill he got locking ones.

Nice product, but check on those screws.

Jones

Just a thought... how about hub steps similar to Unimogs? Would help protect the hubs, kinda make them disappear into the surrounding wheel and would give you something to stand on to check oil and do your pre-drive checks... Waddya think?

Blake

Bjorn:

I dont know what the mileage was before. I guess if I drove it a long distance I could check it with hubs engaged and without. My guess is it gets about 8 regular.

I didnt drive it to Aberdeen this year to get a good test, drove the m151a2

rmgill

A hub step would be a very good idea. Make a place to step up to get to the fender and would help protect the hubs. Question is how thick it needs to be.

Jones

Locking hub protection

Here's a shot of the hub step Unimogs use. These, or something similar, would be a good idea to protect locking hubs and make them look a little less obvious. Added advantage is that you'd have a good perch from which to check oil and do your pre-drive inspection.

Attachments

hot rod deuce

Once again ol' and wise CT is right!!

I meant the little ones that hold the rings on the inside, where his name is machined. The big ones are coated to look like.

Dont forget about wear and tear on the front axle!

My guess would be the more stop and go you do the more the hubs will help you out, due to so much less mass to get going. Once it's rollin down the high way it probably dont take much to keep going.

well geez that would be easy to do. Just use the studs like CT used, take an old rim, cut the center out and weld on a pipe. Hmmm...and i just happen to have 12 centers laying around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks