• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over charging issue

Chuckanut

Hey guys I rebuilt gen1 for the fourth time in a row and finally the light went out after turning the key and the tach works again but the resting voltage of the truck is 34 V when I first stop the truck when it’s running today at measured 40.8 V and the voltage gauge is in the green and the lights aren’t on for the alternators what’s going on?

87cr250r

The resting voltage of a lead acid battery is 25.2 volts. If your meter is reading higher after a period of resting the meter is bad.

Last edited:

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The resting voltage of a lead acid battery is 25.2 volts. If your meter is reading higher after a period of resting, the meter is bad.
It does point to that! I haven't seen one out that bad though...10 volts is a ton!! Be curious to see.

reloader64

Check all the connections back to the battery. I had a bad connection on GEN1 and it would go over 50 volts at the alternator. Repaired the connection, now it reads 13.8 at the alternator. Also, have your batteries tested. A bad battery will cause some weird readings and behavior.

Scott