• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over temp switch

Crf450x

Does anybody know a part number for the switch that runs the over heat alarm/light on an m923a1? I can’t find any mention of it anywhere.IMG_2006.jpeg

Last edited:

Crf450x

Finally someone points out where it’s at!!!! I’m deleting mine. It drives me crazy.
Yeah there’s no info on it anywhere that I can find. The only reason I don’t want to delete mine is because my truck got hot one time and the alarm went off a good 30 seconds before the gauge reacted. Not sure if it was just the old, slow gauge or the few inches difference in location

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Any idea why? I can’t find the mwo but I may just not know where to look. If I can’t find the correct switch I guess I’ll just get a generic one. I can’t see any reason to delete it…
False alarms too much. It is deleted from the -24p manual and even the warning light assembly

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I thought I had a list of all MWO's for the M939, but none of them, (7 each) dealt with the light. Will look some more tonight. Might be something that happened after the 5 ton CD came out that I have.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's hit or miss on trucks that might have gotten it done with different types of light blanks.

The 24p lists 2 pipe plugs in the water pipe one of which where the sensor would be.

Attachments

Crf450x

So I decided to keep the alarm functional. I got rid of the factory switch and used a Horton 993607. The factory switch is 215° and the one I got is 205. My thermostat is 180 and fan switch is 190 so 205 is definitely hot enough to be abnormal. Hopefully it will never serve any purpose but I’m confident that it would work fine if needed. Just posting this update in case someone needs the info in the future.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks