• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

overcharging all of a sudden

84cucv1ton

my m1009 is now all the way right in the red. changed nothing under the hood. so i have no idea? could something be failing? what to check for?

thanks

Wartburg

My truck did this about a month ago. The Genarators have a voltage resister. I took mine to a local altanator repair shop and they fixed it for $30 bucks. Before I went to the altanator shop, Autozone tested it and said the good one was bad and the one that I ended up getting fixed was good. testing one with a external ground is different. It should be producing 14.2. and mine was pumping out like 17. If they are over charging it will cause stress on the rest of the system.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't rely on the voltmeter on the dash, always check the output at the alternator, or use the STE/ICE if it's available to you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A volt meter is fine.

STE/ICEStandard Test Equipment Internal Combustion Engine
The STE/ICE is a military test system(kinda like OBDII).

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it is, I said "kinda"!

the vehicles are prewired to a central port, to collect data. You connect the STE/ICE to that port to read the info.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The voltmeter I refered to above is the dash mounted one. A hand held volt meter can be considered more accurate.