• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overhead (Curved) LED Light Bars

74M35A2

Want to add an overhead curved LED light bar to my 925A2, but the widest (eBay) ones seem to be about 50"-53". That is shy of the 66" cab width and may look kind of goofy. So, I am thinking about purchasing two of the smaller, say 33" light bars, and simply mounting them end-to-end. Most of them are already 24V compliant. So, question becomes, anybody try any of these, and if so, any good?

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
we have install led light bars on a few truck and they work great well the one's we are having built are 24v bars and we even get some that can change between white to amber with the flick of a switch we should be posting led light bars up soon
i'll post some pictures later this weekend.

also your cab roof line should be 74" we have been making these light bars not in led yet but ours are 77"

similar to the ibistek but designed to fit the 5ton m939 series trucks and will be advailable in led lights they should be out sometime in november just in time for christmas
light bar 2.jpglight bar.jpg

Last edited:

Vintage iron

I have put Ibistek light bars on some of my 5 ton trucks. They work great. They will blind innocent bystanders though. I came out of the woods into the show area at the Weare NH rally and blinded everyone. There were old guys walking around like zombies and walking into stuff. LOL! I wasn't to popular ;)

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
LOL no were not holding out well maybe lol. We have them being made as we speak there's one on my truck and there is one on one of the emplyee's truck's at the moment
for testing and they work awesome you can turn night into day. we will have h4 version and led version out soon when finshed we are hoping for them to be around 450.00 complete with switches we will see when the first batch get finshed.
here is a few pictures with lights on you can have either the inner lights on or the 4 outter ones or all on this is with all on

trucks5.jpgtrucks6.jpg
and here they are mounted
light bar 2.jpglight bar.jpg

they look so awesome going down the road kind of intimidating looking tho
we have lots of cool new things in the works everything just takes time to make sure there is zero issues before we release them. I'll post some teasers in a few days of things to come :naner::naner:

74M35A2

I may wait for yours. What kind of lamping or power rating are you considering on both? For example, 100w x 6 (H4), and LED of 98 3W X 2 rows? I'm just making this up, but truly wondering the intended lighting plan. Earlier than November would be fabulous, like now. You were right on the cab width. I did it from the inside, duh.

I have about $450 left on my PayPal balance, let's go!

Last edited:

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
it will have 6 lights spaced like the light bars above the halogen lights will be 100 watts the leds will be very bright i don't have the full info on them yet tho and we should have them done way before that hopefully by the end of september

it will have 6 lights spaced like the light bars above the halogen lights will be 100 watts the leds will be very bright i don't have the full info on them yet tho and we should have them done way before that hopefully by the end of september

Hey TMG, with it being almost mid November now...what is the current status regarding the availability of the LED light bars for the M900 series trucks?
Also, will these fit on the rare Hightop with rollbar/Frankencab 900 series trucks? I am about to pull the trigger and buy one and would really like to put one of your LED bars instead of having to drill through that reinforced cab for marker lights.

74M35A2

TMG, where are you at on the development and release of these overhead light bars? Wanting pics, specs, options, and price please. Thanks.

M925Hound

I am considering adding a light bar to the top of my winch bracket on my M925. But has anyone added any lights to the rear? The backup lights on these things are terrible! LOL! IF so where did you locate them?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have installed LED lights under the beds of my deuce and M927. On the deuce I have two of the lights over the rear tires pointing outward and to the rear (like 45 degrees to the truck), and one on the second to the last crossmember (Just behind the rearmost axle). That third one is pretty much useless for backing as it lights an area that is not visible from the driver's seat. The other two are great though. So having learned that lesson, I placed two lights at the front of the bed and two lights inboard of the rear mudflaps on the 927. All are pointed in a rear oblique, and all are mounted up high under the bed so as to not be obvious when not in use. I also use them when out in the rough as area lights and since they are LED, do not worry much about battery drain.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=522682&d=141359762

There are 2 mounted on each rear mud flap. 1 spot and 1 flood on each flap. The spots point straight back for looking out the back window and floods point towards the corners for mirror veiwing. There are 2 floods that are mounted on each top front corner of the bed that light the rear tires. There are 2 spots that are mounted on each bottom front corner that shine at an angle just off the tires for distance viewing from the mirrors.

Makes for complete 180° veiwing from the mirrors or looking out the back window. I like lights...

74M35A2

LOL no were not holding out well maybe lol. We have them being made as we speak there's one on my truck and there is one on one of the emplyee's truck's at the moment
for testing and they work awesome you can turn night into day. we will have h4 version and led version out soon when finshed we are hoping for them to be around 450.00 complete with switches we will see when the first batch get finshed.
here is a few pictures with lights on you can have either the inner lights on or the 4 outter ones or all on this is with all on

View attachment 512095View attachment 512096
and here they are mounted
View attachment 512097View attachment 512098

they look so awesome going down the road kind of intimidating looking tho
we have lots of cool new things in the works everything just takes time to make sure there is zero issues before we release them. I'll post some teasers in a few days of things to come :naner::naner:
Hey TMG, any update on this? I'm ready to buy something for my 925. Even if just an empty box with mounting brackets, I could fill it with my own lights and handle the switches/relays.

Hey TMG, any update on this? I'm ready to buy something for my 925. Even if just an empty box with mounting brackets, I could fill it with my own lights and handle the switches/relays.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice if TMG could at least inform us if they are going through with these or not...even if they are not ready to sell yet....considering they originally said they hoped to sell them by Oct/Nov.

FullSpecial

I sent them a PM a few days ago on this. They replied:
The bars are finished we are just waiting for the led lights to get finshed
thank you
tmg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks