• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overkill Customs Bobbed Deuce

JeffShoots

Made the drive to nor Ca with no problems Eldgen is a great guy. Picked me up at the airport in Spokane Wa. in the truck a little paper and hit the road.

Good truck going to dress it up and use it as a gun truck.

Thanks guys, I'll be around looking for a few things here and there but the truck it just too cool :)

eldgenb

Hey Jeff, I am glad the LEO's did not harass you after you left spokane, its kind of a game of cops and robbers here, they know I make them and for the most part they leave me alone, they usually stop me just to shoot the breeze about the latest build once in a while, sometimes you will get someone new to the area that pulls me over just because he does not know what to do with me, makes me laugh every time.

big block 88

Very nice, wish I could find me a set.

my only concern is being a welder by trade you have alot of start stops on your welds, if you must stop and go alot you need to run your stops into your starts. Penetration sucks anyway everytime you start or stop but if you run one weld into another one the penetration will be better as apossed to stoping a weld and starting another one right behind it or on the tail of it.

With all that being said I am not sure how much abuse the wheels take with big squishy tires around them absorbing most the shock.

eldgenb

Very nice, wish I could find me a set.

my only concern is being a welder by trade you have alot of start stops on your welds, if you must stop and go alot you need to run your stops into your starts. Penetration sucks anyway everytime you start or stop but if you run one weld into another one the penetration will be better as apossed to stoping a weld and starting another one right behind it or on the tail of it.

With all that being said I am not sure how much abuse the wheels take with big squishy tires around them absorbing most the shock.
Yeah I know what you mean, I do all of these by hand and I start out with 8 1" stitch welds all the way around to ensure no warping will occur then I do my seam welds, if I had some sort of a spinning jig I still don't think I could do one continuous weld, they are welded both front and back and I am sure the weld and wheels will outlast the truck in any incident bad enough to even temp their integrity. Besides your a occupational welder, be nice:p

big block 88

Yeah I know what you mean, I do all of these by hand and I start out with 8 1" stitch welds all the way around to ensure no warping will occur then I do my seam welds, if I had some sort of a spinning jig I still don't think I could do one continuous weld, they are welded both front and back and I am sure the weld and wheels will outlast the truck in any incident bad enough to even temp their integrity. Besides your a occupational welder, be nice:p

No offence intended I can assure you they are never going to fail at the weld full weld on the front and rear it's not goin anywhere.

Carry on your build is lookin killer.

ApopkaFL

Banned
Just a quick question. These are going to be used on HWY? Is there any bolts going to hold that mounting plate also? Im not fan of just welding those plates in and thats it.

JeffShoots

Just a quick question. These are going to be used on HWY? Is there any bolts going to hold that mounting plate also? Im not fan of just welding those plates in and thats it.
Highway drive? Already have...I drove the truck home from Wa to Ca stopping a few days at a friends in Portland for some fun at PIR race track (no not tracking the deuce) some ~700+ miles with no problems.

Eldgen is the man he said the truck would make it no problem. He made me the wheels and mounted the tires as an upgrade. The truck looks mean now with the wider stance in the front.

BTW: Eldgen added a 12v plug under the dash for me as I couldn't bring myself to drive that long without my Ipod earbuds under my hearing protection.

The truck looks great and will be used in my local area as advertizing for my biz and working with the "Wounded Warrior Project" for events to help get some attention.

Also had my Girl follow me to the paint shop...I didn't know how fast I was going on the 600+ mile drive but the speed was indicated at 55-60. She later told me after the drive that I was going 65-70mph the whole way :shock:

Ridgerunner

Almost all steel wheels (factory and aftermarket) are just welded in.

Judging by the diameter of his center insert (11") thats 34 1/2" of continuous weld. And he did both sides, so thats more that 69" of weld to hold the centers in. Thats a lot of weld strengh. Hopefully he v-groved them before welding them, but they arn't going to fall out.

big block 88

The tear strength of a standard MIG wire is much stronger than most bolts. 50k-60k tear weight will exceed most hardware with exception of expensive grade 8 hardware. Welding is the preferd route if strength and durability are needed.

eldgenb

I label these as offroad use only due to insurance and liability reasons, I would have to run these through a DOT inspection etc. to claim they are hwy safe and I don't do that. That being said, I have ran these on my personal rigs for a loooong time and they run out true, smooth and very very tough both visibly and physically, I use 1/2 in plate for the centers and prep for welding very well in every way. These are nice wheels.

JeffShoots

Here are some close up pics of the wheels that I am building. These are for a customer in Everett who is picking them up this weekend.
Eldgen, love the "0" offset wheels they look so tough...not in any rush but want another to match the trucks. So if you have anyone driving down (south) on HWY 5 that could drop off a wheel tire combo I would be interested and pay some gas money for the trouble. I'm only 1/4Mi off the 5 in North Ca. so anyone driving down PM me and Eldgen can put something together for me.

I want to build a swing away tire carrier W/ a hoist as the pivot. I think it would look great at the rear of the Passenger side.

I WILL post pics after paint. The truck is badass.

Thanks, Jeff

eldgenb

Eldgen, love the "0" offset wheels they look so tough...not in any rush but want another to match the trucks. So if you have anyone driving down (south) on HWY 5 that could drop off a wheel tire combo I would be interested and pay some gas money for the trouble. I'm only 1/4Mi off the 5 in North Ca. so anyone driving down PM me and Eldgen can put something together for me.

I want to build a swing away tire carrier W/ a hoist as the pivot. I think it would look great at the rear of the Passenger side.

I WILL post pics after paint. The truck is badass.

Thanks, Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I did another run and have a spare made up for you whenever you are ready!
Thanks again for your business.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks