• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overpriced CUCV's in Northeast?

Michael

This thread seems to be treating all CUCVs as having the same value. It has been my experience that trucks bring about twice as much as M1009s of comparable condition on GL at least until you get up to the extra nice ones were the trucks seem to be worth at least a 1000 more than the1009s. Once they get a home and a title I would say trucks are worth 1000 to 1500 move than blazers so the original posters values might not be too out of range for a nice truck.

jumpmasterjim

I Have seen the prices go up on GL over the last 1 year. Then all of the DMV stuff, and sprucing up. Then there is the time I have to put in them. 4-5k is not too bad if it is already road worthy and has a clear title. I keep an eye on e-bay and it never amazes me on what some go for. My suggestion is look down south and make a road trip.

msoumas

I went to see the red one in Kingston NH yesterday... what a waste of time. The truck ran fine, but it had significantly more floor panel rot than I was led to believe. The entire time I was driving it I felt as if the driver's seat was going to fall through at any minute, because the floor was almost completely separated from the body around there. Three of the tires had cracks running all the way around the sidewalls, and no pintle hitch. He refused to go any lower than $3500 on the truck. The search continues. :cry:

ONTOS66

Reference my earlier post regarding two M1009s in NJ.

The contact is Dan Werner,
email: thecpsurplus@yahoo.com
phone: 570-350-2765

"2 M-1009 Blazers in good condition. Bill of sale only, call for details. $2,500 each."

He also lists an assortment of blazer and other vehicle part.

msoumas

ONTOS66 said:
Reference my earlier post regarding two M1009s in NJ.

The contact is Dan Werner,
email: thecpsurplus@yahoo.com
phone: 570-350-2765

"2 M-1009 Blazers in good condition. Bill of sale only, call for details. $2,500 each."

He also lists an assortment of blazer and other vehicle part.
Called him... the $2500 one is a parts truck with no title but he has another one a bit more expensive. But, he sounds reliable so I might just make a weekend trip if the bank tells me I can afford the truck. Has anyone else done business with him?

Bozor1000

The reason why the trucks are worth more than the blazers is because of the axles. The Dana 60 alone could fetch you about 1200.00 bucks, that's without it even being rebuilt. Also the rear has a locker and it is a 14bolt full floater. The blazers have a semi floating rear axle. The 60 is a lot tuffer than the 10 bolt. But if you are going to do any heavy duty wheeling, the truck is the way to go. If I was to get a m1009, I would put a 1 ton van axle in the back, because the truck one has differrent shock mounting points. The van frame is similar to the 1/2 ton truck frame(which the blazer is a 1/2 ton frame). The one ton frame on the m1008 is different(meaning shock mount locatioins). Then I would put a Dana 60 in the front of the blazer. But that is the only way I would own any blazer, military or civilian or a suburban.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks