• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overspeed sensor ? MEP 803

Guyfang

Staff member
No. It should not start. And before you try and solder the wire, better is to pull the MPU. You should pull it. Clean it. Check it. AND then, if its good, fix it. Or buy a new one. THEN reinstall it correctly, so you set will start and run. And not grind off the end of the MPU.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
24 volt DC power for most of the 24 volt circuits in the set all flow they CR1. If CR1 goes bad you lose all 24 volt power to the panel, relays, start switch and much more.
Failure of CR1 is kind of common. I suspect it's a bit under sized for everything it has to power.
Just had a customers CR1 die last weekend taking his 802 down.
For those that have CR1 die I'd suggest replacing it with a pair of 1N5406 diodes in parallel.
Wow, they did a crappy job soldering the new CR1 in o_O

Last edited:

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
24 volt DC power for most of the 24 volt circuits in the set all flow they CR1. If CR1 goes bad you lose all 24 volt power to the panel, relays, start switch and much more.
Failure of CR1 is kind of common. I suspect it's a bit under sized for everything it has to power.
Just had a customers CR1 die last weekend taking his 802 down.
For those that have CR1 die I'd suggest replacing it with a pair of 1N5406 diodes in parallel.
Wow, they did a crappy job soldering the new CR1 in o_O
K I have full power to panel ,etc. Thanks for the reply

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes, crappy job. Extreme, care is needed to unsolder and resolder anything on this panel. The standoffs have a tendency to break when too much heat is applied to the solder conections on this panel.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoping to get it started soonest :). Went through most topics on forum and TMs. All filters changed, new fluids, fuse mod done , fuel tank cleaned From marking on various parts looks like service done at 1810hrs. And then was hit by , I assume , a truck with a high bumper. Looks like sheet metal damage only, no vital organs touched. working on cutting ,banging back in place ,cleaning it. Generator will be in a weather proof enclosure. So not to concerned about look.

Attachments

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not about looks. Its about running temperature. The box is designed to keep the gen set warm when it needs to be, and cool when it needs to be.
Thanks Guyfang, Good point. Did not consider. I can fix the "box" itself as their is no damage anywhere else , the only part I'll need to fab is the door on the starter side of the engine ( missing at the time I got the gen set) . The main damage is to the shroud aft of the radiator. Will impact the air flow - ie , straight out as opposed to upwards- but no impact inside box. Am I correct?

cbisson

Thanks Guyfang, Good point. Did not consider. I can fix the "box" itself as their is no damage anywhere else , the only part I'll need to fab is the door on the starter side of the engine ( missing at the time I got the gen set) . The main damage is to the shroud aft of the radiator. Will impact the air flow - ie , straight out as opposed to upwards- but no impact inside box. Am I correct?
You may already be aware, but member Light in the Dark has replacement doors.

Guyfang

Staff member
Should be OK. Need to keep an eye on the eng temp.

Cbisson beat me to the draw. LITD makes a real fine door. To the mm spec.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks