• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overview and video tour of my M1009...

linx310

Some of you guys might find this video I made interesting. I just give a tour of my vehicle and take it for a drive through my neighborhood in Hays County Texas.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTVRlYvi8tM[/media]

K9Vic

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Your truck really has come a long way from when you got it, great work and well done!!

raf32

Linx310
I remember you from the AK47.net days. I live in Austin shoot AKs and have a M1009 myself.
Great minds think alike. :)

linx310

Just wanted to give you guys an update on my M1009 since I have had it on the road for over 2 months now.

So far I have not had any major issues, the treadwright tires are holding together great.

My mileage results seem to be a little less then some others I have seen listed on here. I am have been using the exact same diesel pump and stoping it at the same place every time.

Mixed use 16-17 mpg
Highway 22 mpg

Not to bad for a truck that weighs this much.

I have not installed the turbo yet. It is missing some minor parts (that I have a feeling will cost and arm and leg to replace) and will need a new muffler so I am holding off on it since it will probably cost $500-$1500 to put it in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks