• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P-250 mod 2 Hale Fire Pump

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good call. Hale has records on EVERYTHING they have built, and companies that they have taken over. (Barton American, Godiva, ect)

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am a Hale dealer if you have problems finding one I will call and see what I can do for you. If you can find the serial number on it that would help alot.

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with Hale the only parts still in stock are pump seals. They are going to find me a copy of their operator & maintainence manual and send it to me

firestomper

skidunits4you thanks for making that call for me. Did find out that motor on that pump is an OMC outboard motor. Engine parts are available here in New Jersey where my Fire Dept. is located.

NEIOWA

If Hale actually come thru with manual post the info. When I talked to them about 5yr ago they had nothing. Network with former Navy Petty Officers (damage control) and you may find a manual. The manual is about 2" thick and glue bound so not an easy to reproduce.

See Our Unimog U1300L Firetruck

Engine is 55hp OMC and parts are apparently a big problem.

I have several new shortblocks and some misc purchased as a lot on ebay.

firestomper

NEIOWA took your advise and asked my brother who is a damage control tech in the navy and he is going to look into tracking a copy down for me. I will see if he can get his hands on 2 copies and I will send 1 on on to you. The truck looks great, have a question did you put a foam system on the pump?

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck Hale has not come through yet and if they do they told me it would only be the manual for the pump not the motor. They did tell me the pump seals are still in stock as they are still used in some pumps made now. If I get manual it would be in digital format so I will post if I get it. I used some of these pumps when I was in the Navy they are great pumps.

NEIOWA

NEIOWA took your advise and asked my brother who is a damage control tech in the navy and he is going to look into tracking a copy down for me. I will see if he can get his hands on 2 copies and I will send 1 on on to you. The truck looks great, have a question did you put a foam system on the pump?

Not my project. Found it with a search several years ago when I was looking for TM and info on converting P250 back to mogas. Nice job I thought.

I'd certainly would put a foam eductor on (a Scotty is not very expensive). Huge improvement in performance.