• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P.S. pump alignment??

85-m1028

I was sizing up my york compressor for mounting today and thought I'd better take care of the power steering pump alignment issue. When I swapped everything over to the hmmwv take out engine, somehow I missed something and my PS pump pulley doesn't line up right??

any thoughts

Hookin1

in your last pic....where the bracket on the right bolts to the water pump...some of these had a bolt stud that went into the pump and tightend down holding the water pump but leaving a stud sticking out for the powersteering bracket to bolt too.alas you need about a nut thickness between the bracket and the pump....some of them also had a thick washer in there...but i have only worked on civvie models which i would think they would be the same as far as that is concerened....i hope i made this clear enough? i don't have pics to help.

85-m1028

That's a big 10-4, I can see it now !! the ps pump was the last thing to be bolted on because it was left sitting in the engine bay. I missed it when I put the timing cover and and new water pump back on!

Thanks!!