• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

P51 down at Reno air races

zout

I am not an expert by any means of aircraft - but I will and would jump out of one any time day or night out of one.

I have known 2 pilots yrs ago with class C license for aerobatics - these same pilots were our jump pilots in civy life as well. And I am friends with a Lt. out of the A10 base in Mich.

The above really means nothing. But I do know from a jump zone - folks that are non jumpers will come and hord over the jump zone to watch - why is that ?

Anyone that has watched Chuck Yager and the portrayed role in The Right Stuff for about the first 1/2 hour of viewing will with a grain of salt to them will understand - you build it- man will come - you challenge man - he will come - you make it faster man will come - its in our nature to test our limits (not all of us).

Nascar - yes men will die - move the grandstands farther away and let em go - that is why Talladega was built - SPEED.

Men will challenge their surroundings as we think we are invincible. If spectators want to get close to the action to watch the folks that want to push the envelope then so be it at their own risk - not for the risk of killing the human natrure.

Move the spectators back - far enough back for safety. So they cannot be up close to the "action". When action of means outside the pilots control comes and rears its ugly face they need to be able to understand WHY and not sit back and bitch about it.

My deepest condolences do go for those that were killed- mamed and injured - but they asked to be up close when Murphys law can come and bite them at any time - and that is:
Its a man made piece of machinery - it can and will take a major chit on you when it wants to.
I do believe with the deepest pride in pilots - is that the pilot did indeed do whatever he could have done to lessen the loss to life and damage - and it would have been just him if he was allowed to have the last miliseconds of control.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks