• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

shenkmen

This is the official sign up thread for the Fall 2014 Rausch Creek MV Rally.

The event will take place from Friday, October 17th to Sunday, October 19th at Rausch Creek Offroad park in Pine Grove, PA. You can arrive Thursday, October 16th if you like. Early arrivals are helpful as they will reserve our favorite spot.

Rausch Creek Offroad Park
453 Molleystown Rd
Pine Grove,PA 17963

GPS Coordinates:
N40° 36.5074'
W76° 26.9170'

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. We stick to the easy ones due to the size of our trucks.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
  • Most of the group will hit the trails for the day. You are welcome to stay at camp until the group returns.
  • See satellite image below for our camp site.

Rausch Creek's website has allot of info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Membership

What you can expect...

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group. (This info is needed to make a reservation.)
  • Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...
    • A Generator.
    • Firewood.
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday. See satellite image below for our camp site.
    • What else???

I'll update this post with the current attendee list and info.

north east.jpg west.jpg east.jpg RC camp site parking.jpg 10.14.gif

Last edited:

shenkmen

I'll be there on Friday around 6PM. Two people in my group - my 7 year old son will attend for the first time. I'll bring firewood

Crap I don't know if I can make this one.... This is one of the weekends I have other stuff going on.... If I do make it..... I'll be in my m35a2 bobber and will me and my son. I don't know if I will be up Friday night or Saturday morning.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there with my 12 yo daughter. Not sure yet if I'll have an MV by then, but I'm trying. Get there Friday evening and stay until Saturday evening.

PaFarmer

In. Mog or 1947 CJ-2a painted OD. Probably Sat AM or real late Friday night, plan to camp 1 night. I'll try to get my son and Dad to come.

irishvin

im in both trucks m1009 and m1008 me and my wife will bring sum firewood. be up firday night earlyer hopefully this time lol and by then have a lil bit of lift on the m1008 so it can avoid the those dam rocks!!

drecon

Copy that count me in gotta patch up the exhaust so I can go in deeper this time. Maybe get the CB hooked up. I want to see the uni-mog pa-farmer

Matt Kahle

I want to go to this one. Hey Irishvin are you wanting to group up with others for the ride down like you did for the summer rally?? If you want to I would like to convoy down with you.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only a month and a half to go, those who have PM work to do on your MVs, this is your wake-up call! Lotsa rock crawling in our future, can't wait to go....

PaFarmer

Scheduled freed up, I will be up Friday early evening with 8 year old son and hoping my Dad comes as usual. Last fall I ran my 931A1. Mog the past two springs.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would RC allow an enclosed wood stove in the camping area for cooking on? Think: wood stove with a door to load the wood in, flat top, and chimney. Might be an idea to cook on, and provide extra camp heat, without only relying on that **** tiny fire ring of theirs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks