• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

From what I've seen you get there find a spot and set up. there is normally 2 groups that split. I think the one group runs some tougher stuff but still most likely nothing that's gonna damage a 5 ton. we'll be heading out early Saturday morning also we'll probably be there around 8ish. and yeah cucvrus probably will be 2 but will be 2 different trucks. lol

cucvrus

Less then a week to go. Are you ready? My Son has his CUCV M1028A1 Mad Cow Disease truck ready to go. He just put a new rear main seal in it and replaced the oil cooler lines. We opted to use new hose and clamps. The OEM ends are barbed. No problem. See you there.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Anyone need me to bring some mudflaps up with me. So far I have 10 sets for a member. If you want some they are the HD rubber flaps and they are FREE. They are the larger ones from big trucks. Various trademarks and advertising on some. Most are just plain black HD rubber. Let me know. I am loading till Thursday evening. 3 days and a wake-up.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Less then a week to go. Are you ready? My Son has his CUCV M1028A1 Mad Cow Disease truck ready to go. He just put a new rear main seal in it and replaced the oil cooler lines. We opted to use new hose and clamps. The OEM ends are barbed. No problem. See you there.
Dont forget to remind him no diving this time.

cucvrus

That was me diving in the last time at Rausch creek. it was a stress test for Terminus M1009. It found the leaking rear main seal. And I have since did the repairs to that. Other then changing the oil and filter greasing the chassis everything is good to go.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm out - this time it's not work, I have family related issues to attend to and this is the only weekend I can take care of them. Have a great time, folks, I'll hopefully see you all in Spring. :(

beast92

We will be there early Saturday am. All we need to do is turn in paperwork and pay. Already confirmed with RC that we are camping Saturday night. Save us a spot to pitch a tent! I hope the other 5 ton's are still planning to come. We will head home Sunday am.

cucvrus

Scattered Rain Shower possible Saturday. In the 50's is nice 4 wheeling weather. The scattered showers help keep the mud fresh. The cooler weather is nice for a fall jamboree. And always keep in mind you only need to have 2 vehicles to go out as a group. You do NOT need to follow the others that are in military vehicles. The trails are tough at spots and others will whine if you go in rough areas and they follow and want to back out. So choose a partner and partner vehicle that is willing to go a little rough at times. I have received a few road rash damage each time nothing major. The worst was a tree that jumped out and fit my right door when the left front wheel went up on a rock and threw me into the tree. No problem. I am NOT as careful to avoid damage as some might be. Terminus M1009 has a few memory marks on it. When I go wheeling I go wheeling hard or stay home and drive in the field. I look forward to wheeling with the crew. Also the park is full of other vehicles and they will always help you out and I always do the same. As long as I don't need to get Bubba out and hook up everything is fine. I think last time I had to get Bubba out 1 time when I was in the water up to my brake pedal. 5 ton's make a nice winch substitute. We don't need no stinkin winch when we have a 5 ton near by. Also JPG and the M1010 I hope he comes again. he had no fear and a great attitude. Peace. See you all at the creek. Bring your paddle or what ever it is you bring. Later. % tons are also welcome to wheel. I have a 75% ton M1009. :driver:

Last edited:

crazzyrman

I'll be there Saturday morning with my hmmwv. I'm planning to wheel both sat & sun. I know my way around RC pretty well (but I'm not sure were 2.5 & 5 tons will fit) I wheel the park regularly with a built TJ, but my short shake down run with the hmmwv last sat was a "different experience" than what I'm familiar with.

Rich

Jkiszka

This is last minute but I'm hoping I can make it on to the list. I had a lot issues with my truck and I wasn't sure I can make it. If it's possible id like to attend Friday 10/21 to Sunday 10/23. I have an M1009 and a possible 1 passenger. I will be the off-roading vehicle for my friends in the M1010. Thanks!

Lukes_deuce

I finished up the last little bit of maintenance and will start loading up the gear tomorrow. Planning on being at Rausch around 3pm Friday.

Do we need any firewood? I have some 2x4s and scrap lumber laying around I could throw in the 5 ton.

shenkmen

This is last minute but I'm hoping I can make it on to the list. I had a lot issues with my truck and I wasn't sure I can make it. If it's possible id like to attend Friday 10/21 to Sunday 10/23. I have an M1009 and a possible 1 passenger. I will be the off-roading vehicle for my friends in the M1010. Thanks!
You're in. There's no cutoff point to join. See you Friday.

shenkmen

I finished up the last little bit of maintenance and will start loading up the gear tomorrow. Planning on being at Rausch around 3pm Friday.

Do we need any firewood? I have some 2x4s and scrap lumber laying around I could throw in the 5 ton.
Yes, we can definitely use some firewood. Per park rules firewood must be nail free.

shenkmen

We'll hit the trails at 9:30 AM on Saturday. If everybody is up and ready to go earlier we'll go earlier. Please be paid, signed up and ready to go. Pack a lunch as we will be out for the day and will take a break to eat.

shenkmen

Scattered Rain Shower possible Saturday. In the 50's is nice 4 wheeling weather. The scattered showers help keep the mud fresh. The cooler weather is nice for a fall jamboree. The worst was a tree that jumped out and fit my right door when the left front wheel went up on a rock and threw me into the tree. No problem. I am NOT as careful to avoid damage as some might be. Terminus M1009 has a few memory marks on it. When I go wheeling I go wheeling hard...
What time are you and your group hitting the trails on Saturday?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks