• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

mikey

Ha!

First time you showed up in how many years? Glad your hands got over the tool allergy and one of your four trucks could make this time.
Five Joe, five.....

Next rally maybe we can have a mess tent or something so we have a place to hang out if the weather sucks. It is a shame that everybody left Saturday. It's not the same without a Sunday run.

mikey

I hope everyone had fun. Other than Chris' dent in his drivers door and bedside, I did not see any damage. It is fun seeing what the vehicles are capable of and watching people enjoy making it over obstacles. It is also fun running into people on the trail and seeing their reactions to the trucks.
I lost my exhaust stack to a tree. Luckily it was hanging on by a hair to the truck. There is one section of the green trail where it is just no fun for the 5ton. Trees are too narrow and it's slow moving trying to navigate between them.

Mikey

shenkmen

Five Joe, five.....

Next rally maybe we can have a mess tent or something so we have a place to hang out if the weather sucks. It is a shame that everybody left Saturday. It's not the same without a Sunday run.
So instead of 3/4 trucks not running it's 4/5. Worse than I thought.

Thank you for volunteering to procure a mess tent!

Last edited:
I would like to point out to all the men that commented on how rain is no biggy, we can tough it out and everyone should come out and enjoy a good trailride, etc. Of the only 2 vehicles to stay through into Sunday, two of the that last group were of the female variety. So my hat is off to the women who braved the squall last night.

Had a great time though. Yes, I did guide Max1008 through some serious trails that our trucks definitely should have avoided, but i was too busy trying to make sure we didn't mess up the good side of his truck so I couldn't get any video. And maybe we should do a summer rally. Sometime warm where we can actually all sit around outside and hangout. The cold wind driven rain really puts a damper on any social interaction. I didn't even get a chance to get the old propane lantern or cards out.

shenkmen

Could we get material together and build a lean to and pavilion ? Some telephone poles. 2x and roof material. 10 people and a Saturday. I am sure Lynn and group would like this done. We could get a plague to put up. I wish we could have gone I needed it with all the bs going on. I could not drive since 4 weeks post shoulder surgery. Looks like a wet great time with good turn out. Any paintball action going on?
You'll have to clear construction with Rausch Creek.

Never saw it heard of paintball at Rausch Creek. Wondering if your thinking of a different place.

71m109a3

RC4.jpgRC3.jpgRC2.jpgRC1 - Copy.jpgSome of my pics. It was good to see some old faces and meet some new. Looking forward to next time. I'd be up for a summer rally too.

BostonPatriot28

for the guys who have M1009's I really would like a antenna and bracket for my M1009 CUCV what do you guys have on yours? I asked shenkman about it when i arrived friday (had to leave not long after bc of family) looks good on your trucks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks