• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

GregSLSTJ

Haha Thanks Joe! A big thanks to you for setting up the event!

It was nice to meet everybody and had a great day of wheeling. Even though I dont like my award for the weekend, it was true. Lol.

Thanks to everybody for the help. I really do appreciate it. I made it home no issues and now have a long list of stuff to fix for next time!

I did have a go pro with me and my Uncle took a lot of videos. I will be going through them in the next few days and will post up a link on here.
Glad to hear you made it home ok. You did get hit with the worst luck, I mean the window clip fell off too? You can laugh about it now! I only broke a door hinge. But i'll take that all day. It was the first trip to Rausch for the M923a2 and it was a pleasure compared to the deuce. The weather was pretty bad but hopefully October will be nice. This is a link to the pictures my daughter took. Cheers!
http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/kristinsyva/library/?view=recent&page=1

Lukes_deuce

Glad to hear you made it home ok. You did get hit with the worst luck, I mean the window clip fell off too? You can laugh about it now! I only broke a door hinge. But i'll take that all day. It was the first trip to Rausch for the M923a2 and it was a pleasure compared to the deuce. The weather was pretty bad but hopefully October will be nice. This is a link to the pictures my daughter took. Cheers!
http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/kristinsyva/library/?view=recent&page=1
Great pictures! Didnt know the old girl could flex so much.

Thanks again for the help on the trail. Hope to see ya in Oct!

cucvrus

jgp this explains how you got ahead of me after the lunch stop. I went up around and then backed up and you continued up thru the trail. It was not intentional to leave you. I had the slave off the 5 ton in our group.And Frantik I like the fisheye view. Thank you for the pictures. I am still trying to get the pictures my Son has loaded and posted. That was a great weekend. i will have to stay out of the deep water. That was my down fall. Lake Christy was fine. It was the other holes that were much deeper. I could hear the typewriter starting under my hood and it was time to stop. I had water in my oil. I was tired anyway and we hitched up and headed for home. Plenty of time for that minor repair. I need to replace the rear main seal and change the oil again. Not sure if it leaked in thru the rear main seal or thru the tailpipes. But I will fix it good as new. If it weren't for that little issue Terminus M1009 went without failure.

jpg

jgp this explains how you got ahead of me after the lunch stop. I went up around and then backed up and you continued up thru the trail.
I thought I was following you. I know you move quickly, but I couldn't figure out how I'd fallen so far behind. A quick cell phone call and I pulled off the trail and waited for the group. Rookie mistake. No blood, no foul.

cucvrus

When I watch Frantiks video it looks like an intentional dump you and hide job on my part. I had to laugh when I saw it. But I figured out how you got ahead of us. My hide from you was almost staged perfectly. My Son and I laughed when we saw the video. And his friend that watched the video said that M1010 was not leaning hard. I said no not at all. It was the guy standing there on the ridge that was leaning down hill. The M1010 was on level ground. You did great and I was surprised that you kept coming after us. A few times I felt bad because you had that nice rig and I was driving Terminus M1009 into every gulch and mud hole I could find. You get an A+ and can wheel in our group anytime. And if anyone ever wants to go to Rausch Creek it only takes 2 vehicles to go out together. If you get by this area. Give me a PM maybe we can wheel with you. I am glad the event was last week. Today we have a very heavy wet snow falling and I would not want to be on the trails in the snow. It would be rougher getting up that power line area. You are not a rookie anymore. Take care. See you again.

jpg

A few times I felt bad because you had that nice rig and I was driving Terminus M1009 into every gulch and mud hole I could find.
While you went through every gulch and mud hole, I watched you from the bypasses. No way was I going into deep water or into some of those gulches. I'd never have made it out without damage. While you guys were drowning CUCVs in Lake Christy, I made coffee on the hill above and watched.

I mention this for other CUCV newbies considering attending an event like this. Whenever there was a path that would clearly damage the truck, there was a bypass I could take without damage. I got through the weekend with a couple of bent light brackets, and I learned a lot. Follow another CUCV, and watch how deep the water gets. If it's too deep, stop following. If the path looks more than you can handle, take a different path. Simple enough!

I do wish I'd been smart enough to arrange for a co-pilot with off-road experience to ride with me. I'm sure I'd have found a volunteer if I'd asked. I had planned on taking my son, but he had to bail at the last minute due to school pressures. So I didn't have time to arrange for a co-pilot. Speaking as a newbie, that would have been helpful.

Thanks to all the guys who arranged this, guided us newbies, and made this an all around great weekend!

Hi guys, I just want to say I had a great time out on the trails with all of you last Saturday. That was my first time off roading and I loved it. I was a passenger this time. I was in the 5 ton tractor/dump truck.

john, thanks for the coffee, it's the thought that counts.

I've been working on my M35A2 every chance I get and I plan on bringing it to RC in October. I can't wait to see all of you again. thanks for the good time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

cucvrus

So you did burn up all that wood? And hey they were truck floor boards. I know I heard you mention that yours were rusted out. Wooden floor boards never rust out. That laminated wood holds up well when it is undercoated and kept dry on one side. But really I hope you burned it all. I can bring a load up like that in the fall again. I have an unending supply of wood from all sources. I burn it on my deck all summer long and in my wood stove all winter long.

So you did burn up all that wood? And hey they were truck floor boards. I know I heard you mention that yours were rusted out. Wooden floor boards never rust out. That laminated wood holds up well when it is undercoated and kept dry on one side. But really I hope you burned it all. I can bring a load up like that in the fall again. I have an unending supply of wood from all sources. I burn it on my deck all summer long and in my wood stove all winter long.
Nah, couldn't burn it all. That was quite a bit of wood there. But I should have taken some to use as floorboards! :-D

Lukes_deuce

Hey guys, took a look at my rear suspension and most of the dog bones have seen better days. Does anyone know the gentlemen with the the M923 that was bobbed? He pulled out the Jeep Wrangler at the unofficial lunch stop. He mentioned that he had some extra dog bones for sale and I would like to get in contact with him.

Thanks guys

cybrockway

Hey guys, took a look at my rear suspension and most of the dog bones have seen better days. Does anyone know the gentlemen with the the M923 that was bobbed? He pulled out the Jeep Wrangler at the unofficial lunch stop. He mentioned that he had some extra dog bones for sale and I would like to get in contact with him.

Thanks guys
Just sent you a PM...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks