• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pacbrake Braided Stainless Air Line

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a line on a supplier for the braided stainless air line to the actuator on the Pacbrake? I'm not aware of anyone locally to make one for me so, I'll be searching the web for a generic replacement, but hoping someone has already found the part. Thanks

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked around after you posted and didn’t see anything…. That doesn’t mean much but I’m usually good at finding stuff. Anyways, looks like PTFE w/stainless braided cover. Great extreme temp and pressure stuff, order one to your specifications online I’d say.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked around after you posted and didn’t see anything…. That doesn’t mean much but I’m usually good at finding stuff. Anyways, looks like PTFE w/stainless braided cover. Great extreme temp and pressure stuff, order one to your specifications online I’d say.
Already did, will post a photo and part numbers once installed.

87cr250r

Stainless braided lines are not typically DOT approved due to issue related to salts (coastal or road) and stress corrosion cracking.

Edit: I assumed these were wheel brakes but not realize it's likely an exhaust brake.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stainless braided lines are not typically DOT approved due to issue related to salts (coastal or road) and stress corrosion cracking.

Edit: I assumed these were wheel brakes but not realize it's likely an exhaust brake.
Yes, it's for the Pacbrake and the factory air line was braided stainless.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, installed the new braided stainless line and vent hose yesterday. Keep in mind that the air line listed here is being used with the most current PacBrake part# C10382 which has the 1/8" MPT threaded inlet on the bottom rather than on the side like the original unit. This configuration uses a shorter air line than the old PacBrake. In addition to replacing the air line, associated fittings, and vent house, I also replaced the solenoid since it was rusted up like the original hose and fittings. Part numbers/links below.

PacBrake solenoid part # C10612. Part # C10611 is the same solenoid without the vent hardware on top. I bought from MME since it already had the correct plug on it. If you buy it from PacBrake I believe no plug is included.

Adapter at the solenoid side of the air line is male 1/4" mpt to male -4AN. Found here
Adapter at the actuator on the Pacbrake is male 1/8" mpt to male -4AN. Found here
Air line is 12" long with both ends female -4AN with one end 90 degree. Found here
Vent line is 1/8" I.D. hose. I used high temp silicon hose. I bought the 3mm wall thickness hose. Found here

IMG_4426.jpg
IMG_4427.jpg

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be aware when you replace that braided hose.... metal braided hoses love to saw right thru things.. keep it well away from stuff.
It’s a short hose that goes from point A to point B without touching anything else other than the vent line zip tied to it. This is the same as the stock configuration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks