• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pacific NorthWest Rally

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copied and pasted from our facebook group.

Time to start planning for the 2024 rally in the PNW
Location is changing this year from Winlock to McCleary, WA.
Dates are changing from the third weekend in July, to the second weekend in July.
I put down event starts on Thursday, but that's mostly for anyone that wants to show up a little early for camping.
The site is pet friendly, as long as the pets are friendly. There is livestock just across the road, so take that into account.
Feel free to bring items to trade or sell to other participants if you'd like.
I do NOT have an MKT or kitchen for cooking, but I do have some larger pans and stove, so plan on doing another large group breakfast on Sunday as usual. Anyone planning on bringing food for this please let me know ahead of time what it is, so we can coordinate some type of balanced meal.
I plan on having a porto-potty rented for the weekend.
We're still working on the new well, but should have it up and running, so there will be running water available.
Bring your own food and camping supplies.
I can have a couple larger tents set up ahead of time for people that need them.
The actual camping site is a field a little before the posted address, but should be obvious when coming down the road.
It's a dead end road just off a minor highway, so not much traffic.
The field is a little uneven, but relatively flat for the most part. No parking on hills or slopes.
I don't have a fridge, but there should be an electrical outlet available if someone wants to bring one for the weekend.

There won't be any shooting this year during the weekend.

Thursday/Friday show up and setup.
Dinner Friday night If we want to go eat out as a group at Taylor Station near Kamilche. It's about 10 miles from here, and usually plenty of parking for larger vehicles.

Saturday will be the McCleary Bear Festival Parade. Line up starts 8:30, but I don't normally line up until around 9:30am
The parade itself is noon. Short parade. We will be lining up with the McCleary VFW, and will have veterans riding in our vehicles with us if you have the room (usually it's not very many) Only military trucks will participate in this.
After the parade there should be some reserved parking at the VFW for us, and allow the public up close to some of our vehicles if you are willing to allow it. It is not required.
There is also a beer garden open at the VFW saturday and sunday, and I'll stand a round for anyone that wants to.
There will also be "Bear Festival Stew" at the park next to the VFW. Let me know ahead of time and I will acquire the bear festival buttons that are ticket to get the stew. (It used to be made with real bear meat, but now they require all meat to be processed in a USDA facility, so very unlikely there will be bear meat included)
saturday night I will be providing a main course, likely to be spaghetti or similar, but it would be appreciated if others could bring side dishes to go with it. This will get finalized as we get closer to the event.
Sunday will be the group breakfast as usual.
Anyone that wants to hang out is more than welcome to remain through monday or later with arrangements.

I do have this event listed as private to the group, but you are more than welcome to invite friends and others if you would like, provided they can fit in with the general laid back vibe we normally have.

Please RSVP for the event so I have an idea of how many people and vehicles to expect. Especially vehicles so we can arrange for enough space for parade line up.

To RSVP and for the exact address please send me a message. This is being held at my house, and I'd rather not just post the address publicly.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no charge for this event, but donations to help cover some of the costs won't be refused