• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pacific NorthWest Region> Need Help

M1A96819

Wazzup all,

I am currently looking and needing of help for dealerships and or private entities that is recommended by this Awesome forum in the Pacific Northwest Region of the states of Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona.

I am Looking for a good to excellent running condition turn key M1009 CUCV Blazer. The reason for this shout out/Thread is that its a needle in a hay stack to get any CUCV's Here in the state of Hawaii and the GL here does not have it in their inventory as I was told by one of the employees and my local GL site. If any CUCV's is available, The state and city government and other entities has first preference or is grabbed first.:x

Reason for the states listed is due to minimize the shipping cost from point A to B, B to C, C to D then drive it off the docks/pier to her new home of my grass shack.:grin:8)

I have have checked out this dealership in which the membership of this forum recommends.
1984 Used Chevrolet D30 Pick-Up M1008 CUCV at Motorsource, Inc. Serving Highland Park, IL, IID 6659995

I called and spoke to a gentlemen named Chris Good. This dealership is 1/2 way across the 48 Continental U.S. I like what I see on their inventory but what bothers me is getting that particular shipping Co. who will give me the best rate. If the price is right with shipping.....I may consider Motorsource, Inc.:wink:

Also what ground shipping companies do you guys recommend in your State? I am diligently doing my homework to maximize my pocket book so that every penny is invested in crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

Plz attach a link as much as possible if available.:wink::driver:

Mahalo's
M1A96819

Cucvnut

check out 100dollarman.com Mark can help you with shipping and doing work to the truck befor you have it shipped. he is a good guy. He is in CA

Last edited:

M1A96819

check out 100dollarman.com Mark can help you with shipping and doing work to the truck befor you have it shipped. he is a good guy. He is in CA
I Checked out the website........looks great. I'll give Mark a call next week to see what he has available in his inventory:wink:.

Mahalo's

M1A96819

Yo Five -O,...govliquidation.com.Check it.You might get lucky at finding one in your'e own backward at one the military installations on Island. Wecolme to site!
Hey Reo 54,

I am not sure if its possible that I am able to or anyone has done this before is to skip the middle man (Government Liquidation) and go directly to the source.

As I stated earlier, before any civilian population ever get a chance to bid on a CUCV in GL, the local state and or city government has first dibs on them and seldom gets passed through them. Worst or sad part about that issue is that I am a employee of our city government here in Hawaii.fat lady sings

In other words go to the various military bases here in Hawaii and asks the motor pool personal in charge about acquiring such vehicles. Is that what you meant REO 54?

Just thinking out loud that the person(U.S. Serviceman) I ask might just laugh at my face.rofl

M1A96819

Dimensions Needed

Ok..............Still doing my home work here and looking for a few things. I called a couple for forward freight or shipping companies and one of the common question they asked me is " What are the dimensions of your Chevy Blazer".

I noted the vehicle that will be shipped is a Military M1009 CUCV. Information needed for shipping purposes regardless where I get it in the Continental United States.

I think they gonna try to put her in a cargo container, trailer or other forms of
transportation.

What are the the Dimensions of a CUCV M1009?

Height, wheel base, weight etc.......

Thanks,
M1A96819

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mahalo M1A96819,

You might want to just start sending out feelers to the freight forwarders. Might even want to see about them from your side, in person, and see what can be done to help ~$$$~. Might even find a shipping company, no middle man...

I don't have the dimensions you need for your BLAZER:p, err CUCV M1009! On the company computer...

Good Luck!

M1A96819

Mahalo M1A96819,

You might want to just start sending out feelers to the freight forwarders. Might even want to see about them from your side, in person, and see what can be done to help ~$$$~. Might even find a shipping company, no middle man...

I don't have the dimensions you need for your BLAZER:p, err CUCV M1009! On the company computer...

Good Luck!
Sounds like a plan there 4x4 Forever, I will most definite look into that tasks. Its gonna be a long exhausting project for me just to get her here.

But then again.....a M1009 might just show up in my local GL here.fat lady sings:deadhorse:

goodguyzy

these are the dimensions that GL lists on their website for the M1009:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Approximate
Dim. or Lot Cube:
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]192" x 86" x 75" (L x W x H)[/SIZE][/FONT]

M1A96819

Home Work

Wazzup all,

Well I have called a few places here and If and when I decided a get a CUCV M1009 say from MotorSource Inc. at Illinois, the shipper is gonna charge me about $2500 to get her here at my port of call of Honolulu.

If I can muster up and find a M1009 in the Pacific North West Region, Its gonna be around $1100 or half the price from Illinois and the rest of the funds will surely bring her up to speed in fixin her up and looking good.:driver:

So that being said,............it is most Logical $$ wise to get her as close as I can and will need more recommendations or referrals from members here to link me up with other dealers or web links.

Worst case scenario..............I bite the bullet and pay the $2500 for a better condition CUCV M1009 where applicable.:???::cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks