• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Packrat's Bobbed Deuce Insanity

PackRatWrecker

Most of you have seen my starter pics, in my 'hello' thread.

I've almost got my rear steering pinned down, as soon as I get my coupler sleeve from the machine shop. Will get some pics, before the install.

Not much progress, other than bobbing the frame, setting aflatbed on, and installing the passenger door.

Bit the bullet today, and ordered a transfer case pto, lockout hubs & a roof canvas, from Eastern Surplus. My wallet is looking pretty anorexic right now.

Once I get the steering installed, I'll start installing the motor/tranny. Then see what kind of disaster I can engineer, on the aft section. I've got a Holmes 480 twinline wrecker for that end. Still haven't decided whether to use the mechanical booms, convert to hydraulic boom, OR BOTH!!! MUHUHAHAHAHAHA!

I've also got a 10k Garwood winch. I'm undecided on using it, or not.

KsM715

Man between you and robr, you guys are killing me. Ive got a deuce sitting in the driveway just waiting to get bobbed. (d*** this cold weather)

PackRatWrecker

The first 4 are from last weekend. The rest are tonight's carnage.

Got my shipment from Dave, and got most of it installed.

If I don't get called out, tomorrow night is input driveline & a new ragtop.

Attachments

PackRatWrecker

Sorry for the lengthy delay in my progress. Just about had the motor & installed, whe I was presented another option. Consequently, I've been pondering my options for a while.

I was going to install a TBI 350, for power. I recently stumbled across a guy who has a couple Olds 455's that he is liquidating. I haven't decided whether to use a 455, or trade a buddy for a 403. Personally, I prefer the 403, with it's huge bore & short stroke.