• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paid it forward to AmericanWeapons today

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
AmericanWeapons did a newbie post just getting on the site earlier this week and I welcomed him to the site. Later that evening I got a PM for him, turns out he just lives about 18 miles away. He had just gotten bob'd M35A2 W/W last weekend took it down got his tags and as he was pulling up to the house lost brakes. Right rear had given up the ghost from the pool of Dot5 under the truck. He had just moved up here from FL and had no big tools yet and no idea where to get parts and with any guy with a new truck wanted drive it. I just happen to have a lot of drive train parts around waiting to do my M275 rebuild and nothing to do so, turned him on to Erick's to order parts, grabbed a spare wheel cylinder I had told him what we would need to do the job, loaded up my big tools and went over this morning. It reminded me of my old county job where I just stood around and told others what to do! His buddy Jim showed and helped out also, both seem like folks we want on this site. He seemed a little surprised after we got done by my answer when he asked, "what did he owe me" and I replied nothing, but the wheel cylinder when he gets his new ones in. When we finished the repair spent a little time going over the truck and told him where to down load the -10 and couple of other items that need going over.JrSean 007.jpgJrSean 008.jpgJrSean 003.jpgJrSean 002.jpgJrSean 005.jpgJrSean 006.jpgAll in all it was a great way to spend a morning!

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job Beef King. I hope you served up a nice tray of hors d'oeuvres like the GA Rally.

:)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did all of us proud on that one mwmules! Its things like that which keep us strong and keep us growing!
KK

AmericanWeapons

Dave, thank you so much for the assistance today and for lending me the tools and the parts. I was a little taken back that somebody would offer their time and assistance and not ask for anything in return, this just goes to show you the quality of people that are associated with this forum and our hobby. Thank you again and I hope I will be able to return the favor one day.

Sean

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site, AW.

Good on you, MW Mules. That's the right way to grow the hobby and create good pr.

I have to say, it feels good to help someone out.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
SS sorta reminds me of my time in the military. Don't matter what unit you're with or where you are, you're part of the total team!:beer:

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Good job. Just think, if you were down here, you could have supervised me doing the same thing today. Got all the rears changed.

davesgmc

Great, now that its running you are gonna have to bring it by to meet ELMO. Just let me know when you can get out sometime and i can see if i will be around. should be around this saturday if your free.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job Dave. Way to represent. Americanweapons, welcome to you too. Now you see what kind of operation we support here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks