• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pain in the rear, no power in higher gears!!!!!

rollcagecucv

Hello fellas,

I have a pain in the butt problem that I can't seem to tackle. 85 cucv m1009

Engine starts fine. Takes off and runs through 1st and 2nd fine. Once in 3rd and or 4th (700r4 tranny) it acts like it is running out of power or running out of fuel. Tranny is smooth, no slips, shifts nicely. Had the fuel injection pump rebuild, still same issue. It never stalls or dies. Runs very smooth. It feels like one of those drag pull trailers is attached, once it hits 3rd/4th, the weight moves up and loads it down. Best way I can describe it. What the heck is wrong?????

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaski

Is this a new problem?
What ratio ring and pinion are you running?
What size tires are you running?

Last edited:

EO2NMCB

Good chance its time for a fuel filter change. My m1009 wouldn't run over 50 mph one time. Changed filter all was good.

saltydeuce

Sorry didn't realize I didn't have the state in there I have a profile under jeremy turgeon. But somehow got locked out and can't change the password so I made this one anyone ever have that problem

I've ran into this same issue a few times over the years with my M1010. Two of those times it was due to a bad lift pump. When the replacement (from Napa) went bad about a year after installing it I said screw this and swapped over to an electric fuel pump. Not only did it fix the problem, it makes bleeding the fuel filter a piece of cake and doesn't kill the batteries since I don't have to crank the engine anymore to bleed the filter. I also would recommend using compressed air (low pressure) to blow through the fuel line back into the tank. This can help if the sock filter on the fuel pickup is starting to get plugged up, which as mentioned before could cause the problem.