• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Color

ssdvc

Has anyone painted their 1009 anything other than the standard tan, green or camo paint design?

I was wanting to do something a bit different, perhaps a flat black or charcoal gray. Any thoughts?

dragon1124

The place where I bought my m1009 has a black one, looks real nice. I've seen pictures posted throughout the forums on colors. I can't remember the exact location, maybe the members rides forum. I've seen urban camo, arctic camo, and I even seen a picture of a bright blue deuce.

MorbidMiss

Just avoid pink or the shade of blue that looks like Captain Planet, it gives some of the members fits!

67_C-30

Painting one of these flat black makes it look like an old ragged out, redneck, regular Blazer or truck to 95% of the people out there. My buddy has a white M1008, and he's had it for years. There's are tons of people that flip over mine, and they've seen his tons of times. They all say when I tell them that his truck is a military truck too that they didn't know. Painting other colors takes away from what makes them unique, IMO. If you don't care about that, go ahead, but that will be general perception by most people.

ssdvc

Ok, I am not, repeat NOT, looking for a nice "summer" color to my upcoming M1009. ****, I don't even think my wife would tolerate that !

I was looking for a color that would more readily "blend" in, almost be overlooked in an urban, suburban environment.

That said, I was thinking of flat black or (leaning towards) kind of a charcoal gray color. I am keeping ALL of the stenciling, marking, etc. The wheels will be blacked out, but everything else will be mono-chromatic. After some discussion, I think that flat black may be a bit too warm in the summer months, but I haven't crossed it off the list yet.

Anyone have any pictures of a flat black or gray one?

ssdvc

That 1008 looks green. WOW, I would definitely go for a darker shade of gray !

Its darker than you think, there is a lot of light colored dust on it from all the rocks. Notice the black front bumper ?All the trucks running around at camp shelby are like that. They look good. Very inconspicuous from a distance. But once close you know its a military vehicle. The black lettering really stands out.

Flat black looks bad. I had one like that. Hot as **** in summer and just bad looking.

Last edited:

ssdvc

Bad as in GOOD or bad as in that looks awful? I know flat black would be hot, and with no air, not a bright idea.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Navy trucks are a deep blue. I've always liked the Navy blue.

I've always wondered what a dark blue with black as a camo pattern would look like. That might be really BAD.

Of course, I've got someone here who photoshopped my deuce as a purple and black. It look odd at first, but it grew on me. I sold the deuce a long time ago, but I did like the photo.

ssdvc

I like the pattern on the F-16.

I am after a paint job that will blend into the urban environment, not say "Hey, look at me". The pattern on that F-16, if a bit more subdued, might just fit the bill. I want to be able to park and folks just walk by like the truck is not even there.

Don't get me wrong, I like the camo paint job, as well as just plain tan or green. It's just around here, it sticks out, big time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks