• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Color

combatmech

NSAWC also had an H-60 in a two color grey/black pattern that looked really good. I might try that one as well...at least on paper. I print out the pattern info from the TM and go crazy with the markers just to see how stuff looks.....Like most of us, we're all trying for something a little different from the norm...which is way cool:driver:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-...18683/L/&sid=0baada935c2ba21a2976121d2486b08b
And from another angle.....
http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-...93141/L/&sid=0baada935c2ba21a2976121d2486b08b

Last edited:

Amator

I think Navy Blue and Charcoal Gray sound like a good option. Also a green similar to Forest Service or Game Warden trucks might be a good fit. When I get my CUCV truck one day I'll probably either do that eventually. It'll be a working farm truck for me, not a military museum piece.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

When I got my M1009, it was and still is painted black,
but it needs to be re-painted, since some of it seems to have worn off in spots.

I would like to paint it the solid green like the interior, but the black has grown on me.

So I am still deciding too, between solid green, jungle camo, or flat black..
(I know it would be hot during summer, but I am from California and used to heat..
besides my favorite two colors are black and green, so both those colors look good to me..)

Good luck with you final decision..

Good day,

CJ

JUNKYARDJOHN

I have been thinking of o-d green with a grey, black ,brown & tan flamejob. Old hillbilly hotrodder here, & I've never seen one. I really like to be a little different, but think the flat earth tones just need to be on a military vehical. rofl John

combatmech

I'd thought about flames as well....At this point I have no clue as to pattern yet. Colors....black and green for sure. I saw an oh-nine in Dallas for sale months ago that was flat black....looked pretty good. All kinds of choices!![thumbzup]

ssdvc

Hi guys,

When I got my M1009, it was and still is painted black,
but it needs to be re-painted, since some of it seems to have worn off in spots.

I would like to paint it the solid green like the interior, but the black has grown on me.

So I am still deciding too, between solid green, jungle camo, or flat black..
(I know it would be hot during summer, but I am from California and used to heat..
besides my favorite two colors are black and green, so both those colors look good to me..)

Good luck with you final decision..

Good day,

CJ
How about some decent pics to see what she looks like? Is it the one in your sig?

GATVILLE

My M1028 was an ex SEMO(state emergency management office) truck and was repainted blue/white 2-tone. I personally don't like the color combo, this spring/summer its going olive drab. Anyone know where i can buy the paint? Doesn't necessarily have to be the orig. CARC.

Attachments

SmokeyDod

RE: MV Paint Source LOCATION: Upper part of South Carolina
SERVICE PAINT CENTER Has : Olive Drab Avail: in 12 oz. rattle cans, QT. or Gal.
3300 Boiling Springs Rd. Bark Gray Oil Base Flat Finish
Spartanburg, SC 29316 Earth Brown Will ship UPS
Phone 864-578-7997 "Mark" Khakki

CPAPPY

I really like the CAMO look , I had so many compliment on that truck , before I sold it . Will be working on (2) M1028 this spring . That's my opion.

Attachments

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Navy grey

I think I have decided to do my M37 in Navy gloss grey with black accents and mark it with Puget Sound Navy Yard markings.

C15TA

CPAPPY, I think your camo looks excellent. The glossier black on the wheels really sets things off. Nice definition between the paint colours (Canadian spelling) also.
It is much nicer than the jobs where one colour oversprays into the next. :-D

Cheers,
Barry

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone recommend where to buy Navy grey #123 enamel paint? I keep seeing the name Gillespie. Is there another brand or vendor I should look at?

chupa

You may not recognize it. I added troop seats, cargo cover bows, antennas, convoy lights, tank headlights, red MP light, USAF markings, receiver hitch, etc.

chupa

Besides military vehicles my other hobby is digital photography....one would think I'd know how to post photos on this site. I'm working on it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks