• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*(PAINT DONE PICS)*Looks like I am gonna be a proud CUCV OWN

BKinzey

Is it too late to mention use of headphones and earphones are illegal in many states? :(

Oh well, hope you have a good trip but not one TOO memorable :lol:

IRWFO

BKinzey said:
Is it too late to mention use of headphones and earphones are illegal in many states? :(

Oh well, hope you have a good trip but not one TOO memorable :lol:
Yes you are right, especially if you are listing to music. I see no reason for any trouble with ear plugs that are used to protect your hearing.

Massm35a2

Just got home, I'm a little tired. Truck ran great!!! It really does have some power. Ran real smooth. Didn't wear anything for my hearing. Didn't seem that loud to me. Guess I am used to the Deuce, Anything is quiet after a Deuce ride :) Hope to do some PMCS @ fluid changes tomorrow. I will post pics as I get her looking green again.

AJMBLAZER

Wow, looks good. Rattle can or a more "professional" setup?

I have delusions of flat black and Rhino Liner on mine. I like the camo but unfortunately around here people can't look past the camo...all they see is "redneck". All the military bits get no notice...

Massm35a2

AJMBLAZER said:
Wow, looks good. Rattle can or a more "professional" setup?

I have delusions of flat black and Rhino Liner on mine. I like the camo but unfortunately around here people can't look past the camo...all they see is "redneck". All the military bits get no notice...
Just rattle cans in front of the house, it's still wet, I think my neighbors are getting upset from the fumes, I keep getting looks.

rickta24

wow you did a good job. i'm fixing to buy my first cucv and want to give it fresh paint as soon as i get it. can you explain what you did? sand it? tape it? did you use CARC paint? did you have to wear a suit and gas mask? thanks.

AJMBLAZER

It isn't actual CARC paint. It's just a touch up paint that doesn't meet the CARC specs. They just wanted it to look the same so the touched up spots wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs.

The human eye is drawn to oddities.

CCATLETT1984

AJMBLAZER said:
It isn't actual CARC paint. It's just a touch up paint that doesn't meet the CARC specs. They just wanted it to look the same so the touched up spots wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs.

The human eye is drawn to oddities.
I beg to differ. read the product desc.

Features: self contained aerosol kit containing pre-portioned amounts of all material in order to maintain correct ratios; each kit contains an aerosol dispenser, two sided sanding block, chemical resistant gloves, and a tack cloth.

Volume: 70ml

Coverage: 4-6 square feet at 1 mil DFT

Disposal: completely disposable system

Intended Use: touch-up of military finishes where spray quality must be equal to original factory finish; spray qualities must be similar to application through a traditional spray gun; larger surface areas not exceeding 4-6 square feet.

Shelf Life: 12 months at room temperature

Description: MilSpray utilizes the latest and safest available QPL water dispersible CARC material. Many other MIL-Spec coatings are available. Please see the table below for a complete listing. This patent pending system starts with a proprietary filling process that ensures that the first bottle of touch-up has the same chemical properties as the last. This is significant when considering the chemical and biological agent resistant elements of CARC material and the dispersion of those elements.

Each kit consists of a proprietary system of plastic bottles that has undergone a special surface modification treatment affording the product a much longer shelf life than is permitted by traditional containers. Two internal mixing devices ensure proper material agitation and a series of heat seals makes this system the safest available. There is no measuring, pouring, mixing, or exposure to CARC components. Exposure throughout the process is virtually eliminated.

MilSpray Aerosol CARC Touch-Up kit is authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps for CARC touch-up. Additionally, the system has undergone extensive testing by several independent laboratories and has been issued QPL numbers by the Army Research Lab (ARL).

AJMBLAZER

Hrmm, that stuff is REALLY new. I thought we were talking about the stuff from the late '90's. I was shown it by my MT and HE mechanic friends when I mentioned how many of the vehicles had bloches on them from previous poorly done paint fixes with the wrong paint.

Guess this stuff replaced the stuff I was shown. My bad, I admit defeat.