• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint from Rapco Parts

Dudek

I would like to buy paint from the Rapco Parts. I sent several messages
(e-mail) and he did't respond to any. Is he not responsible or ignored my questions?

Can anyone help me to buy it.
I need 4 gallons of Forest Green 34079 paint.

Chris

SteveKuhn

Leaving Rapco (or ArmyJeepParts.com - another Gillespie supplier) out of the comment but considering international shipping --

I don't know the availability of color matching in Poland, but have you considered getting a good sized sample swatch sent to you and having it mixed locally?

Just an idea --

Steve

Dudek

Steve it's not so easy....
I want to have exactly the same color as the original 34079.
I tried several times to make a good forest green 100% matt. I showed parts with orginal paint and nothing. For many companies with painties is a problem to get the perfect color 34079. The glossy, bad tone ....etc.Trust me. Because I would like to buy in rapco.

Jimma

They are a good supplier. Sometimes hard to get on the phone or email. Not sure why. I placed my orders directly through the web site and they ship very quickly and everything has been packaged well. I have ordered from them numerous times and have always been pleased.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Try calling them,They can be hard to get a hold of.I just got 4 gallons of 34079 from them yesterday.

zout

Pretty much waht everyone else said - I never get a e mail reply back - but in these days and economy everyone is cutting personnel.

Give them a long distance call - you will not be disappointed in their final product. I have shot their paints several times - more of Sherwin Williams - but theirs is the next in line I use.

dabtl

The plains of Texas are a long way from Poland. Mark is always available and happy to serve. Give him a call, but remember the time change.

shenkmen

My experience with Rapco was excellent.

I placed the order online and recieved a phone call the next day to explain that my order qualified for shipping discount available on the website. At that point they could not adjust the shipping amount so they applied it to the merchandise amount.

That is excellent customer service.

I called twice and my buddy called once with paint application questions. All questions were answered immediately.

Zero complaints here.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the only place I use for my paint and I have met them in person.

I just order from the website.

Why don't you PM someone your questions on here and have them call the phone number and ask them for you? I'll do it if you send a PM with a list.

I ask for the PM because as soon as I stand up I'll forget the offer. :-(

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I did a rough est of shipping cost for 4 gallons and without hazmat fee to WARSZAWA would be about 2,844.07 PLN , via UPS . We can not send paint via postal system here.

SteveKuhn

YEEEOWSUH! $896.31 + paint comes out to about $255/gal. + hazmat. I was a complete nit trying to match 24087 in Benjamin Moore but at those prices I could live w/ my truck being a bit off.

Steve

Dudek

I bought last year ROPS for my m151. Shipment by sea - 200lbs ( pallet) - 136$ to WARSZAWA. Time - 4 weeks.
I would like to do that with paint

Last edited:

jimm1009

Dudek,

If you PM or e-mail me your e-mail address I can call them and ask them to e-mail you.

They are just north & west of Dallas.Ft. Worth Texas.

I can also explain to him what you want and ask him about shipping to Poland, etc., or I can just have him e-mail various quotes to you.

Tell me what you want in the sizes too. I am not sure if he offers quarts but he does sell US Gallon cans and the Aerosol spray cans too.

I do know that here in the US the gallon cans are considered haz-mat so the shipping is very expensive from Texas to other US states.

For the US buyers, I purchased a 4 gallon kit from him about three years ago, two gallons of green, one of black, and one of brown and the shipping was $55.00 for the $100.00 kit so $155.00 total. The shipping can not be controlled by him as US EPA makes the call there and UPS has to charge out the wazoo because of it and it can only be shipped ground.

jimm1009 here on S.S.
or
jimm1009@yahoo.com

NEIOWA

You can bet the HAZMAT fees are going to cost you a bunch. Small in size but likely can go by air.

Sam has overhauled and painted vehicles in Eurp for nearly 70 years. There has to be some surplus paint around in Germany.

135gmc

Gallons of paint are considered a harardous shipment - I'm not sure how they would get to Poland. It might be possible to ship by cargo plane, but the cost per gallon would go outta sight. I wonder if there isn't a paint supplier who ships to NATO bases? If you can track them down, whatever you would wind up paying per gallon would be cheaper than shipping from the USA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks