• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint gun question

N1265

Not sure what you mean by a waterborne paint gun, If you are refering to something like a wagoner I would think its because wagoners run off of electric, and using it with the solvent type of paint could be a fire hazard.

I would think that the moving metal pieces in the gun would generate some heat and maybe even throw a spark.

I am not for sure though.....

ida34

The wagner guns can be used with solvent paint. I think the same type guns are used to apply the solvent and the waterborne paint. Maybe one of the professional painters can chime in.

Tankjeepman

Paint Gun Question

Well I assume you are talking about an airless sprayer. It does a pretty good job putting paint on a house, but I don't think you will like the finish on a vehicle. Military paints are more forgiving than modern paints, but not that forgiving. You don't get the control over the air, amount of paint and pattern with an airless sprayer.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Paint Gun Question

what paint are you gonna shoot. Devilbiss is BIG $$$. I shot waterborne CARC with a $10.00 harborfreight paint gun. I'm still on the same original gun and I feel it shoots great...so great I bought a backup when they selling for $9.99. I've put about 10 gallons thru it with no issues yet.

N1265

That gun you are looking at will be fine for spraying an MV It is however an overkill..... That gun is designed for the pro - painter who does multiple projects a year. with the tips that it comes with, it is designed to be used for everything to primer to clear coat. However, you simply do not need all of that for an MV

I had one of these for painting boats, it works great. but cost me $140. And I found that you are better off buying another gun than replacement parts ( mine had a plastic baffle $$$ )

I would suggest anybody buying a new gun now days to get a HVLP gravity feed, ( like the one you are looking at ) but it does not have to be a gun like the FGL ( $$$ ) to get great results. In fact the gun I have now I bought at Meyers for $ 45. and comes with a 2.2 mm tip. the same gun can be bought at Menards for $35. I use this gun for everything from Imron to laytex house paint..... works great.

Blake

paint gun

I think the waterborne feature has to do with the metal composition of the needle and tip and the gun housing to prevent corrosion. I am not positive on that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks