• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint help

jfnemt1ff1

While I was going to start painting the Gama Goat today :D ,but I not sure how to thin the gillespie primer. The paint said use synthetic enamel reducer but what should I use for the primer :?: . Then at 70 deg in the garage how long should I wait before I spray the top color coat. Never used this brand of paint want it to work.
Thanks for the help
John

lacoda56

Never used Gillespie primer, but I always use synthetic enamel reducer for one part primers. It gives the primer a faster dry time and never had a problem. I usually topcoat primer when dry to the touch, a couple hours or so should be good. Again, not an expert, just done it a lotta years.

jfnemt1ff1

Great that will be the plan. I only want to paint when the sun is out to keep the temp up in the garage. I am going out to paint the primrer now. Will color coat sunday.

acetomatoco

The gummint drove the goats thru a paint booth with shower heads and gravity flow of multi gallons of paint to get em changed from green to tan as they did with most other series...any paint job is good enough...doncha no... ACE