• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

paint job

whyme

Rapco or Gillespie are popular choices and are also CARC substitutes so you can retain a certain original look if you choose. i just ordered 4 gallons of Rapco and it cost ~180 shipped. the paint is cheap, its the shipping and hazmat fees that will get ya.

PAINTS

dragonwagon

I think the " reasonable price " part is going to be a probable . Paint has went nuts the last few years . Local auto parts wanted 256.00 a gallon for sherman williams paint .

davidkroberts

ive used the Parker Duck Boat paint from Cabelas which worked great. about 35 a gallon. below is a vehicle i did in it. Tan M35a2. For a M35 it took about 1 and a 1/4 gallons. You dont need to do anything just squirt it

I usually use the Majik Camo Paint on my vehicles i sell. If you want a good finish use three light coats and two using the enamel hardener. here is a vehicle i did using it green m35a2. For a M1009 it usually takes about a gallon and a half with the hardener

Attachments

emr

Al the paint guy in NJ will ship arvoe in the colors U want, it is easy to use, i sprayed my M915 in hovering 40 degrees and it still is awesome 6 years later. he is on time and efficient, the paint is at least as good as any other U will find, and the price is realistic also, not the crazy off the shelf uncorrect paint anyway :) 609 953 1003 is Als # I have also had paint frozen a few times, just remixed it after a few years and it was fine lasted on my mule for six years, any paint actually can just be remixed if U are not the type that needs everything perfect perfect. as for the current carc i have some of the woodland arvoe calls it,,3 somthing is the guv number ... its so close it crazy.

kvitt

10 cans of rapco spray bombs to take a green 1009 from camo to tan...did jambs, inside tailgate inside doors....looks pretty good, Could have done it with 8...did dash,

parlusk

ive used the Parker Duck Boat paint from Cabelas which worked great. about 35 a gallon. below is a vehicle i did in it. Tan M35a2. For a M35 it took about 1 and a 1/4 gallons. You dont need to do anything just squirt it

I usually use the Majik Camo Paint on my vehicles i sell. If you want a good finish use three light coats and two using the enamel hardener. here is a vehicle i did using it green m35a2. For a M1009 it usually takes about a gallon and a half with the hardener

how does the duck boat paint hold up?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your local military surplus store. Most sell the paint, many sell it by the gallon. I used the Gillespie "383" CARC substitute with very good results. Paid $40 or so for the gallon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks