• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint required for a M1009

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Primer

Assuming that the original paint is CARC and it is tight on the truck, a good scrubbing is usually all that is required. The Gillespie paints adhere very well to the coarse gritty CARC.

choll

RE: Primer

I just painted mine last saturday with the 383 subsitute from Rapco, it had the original paint on it. Took it to the car wash to pressure wash it let it dry and 6 1/2 cans of spray paint later I was finished. The paint was perfect match. I sprayed some on the inside of the door to check color.

gocmndo

I thought about sanding the CARC and doing some body work, but after reading the warnings I just cleaned it and painted it all.
One gallon did the entire truck including my shell and inside of the bed. I used two good coats of Sherwin Williams CARC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks