• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint scheme dilemma

Truckoholic

Dang it, I have a paint scheme dilemma here.

Here is what my truck looked like when I bought it.

421207_10150850323749465_645469464_12773709_559891875_n.jpg

I had bought the new soft top for it last year in desert tan, because it was always my plan to paint it desert tan when I got around to it. Wanted to paint it very similar to this,

mr_truck-1.gif

So I painted the whole thing with rust inhibitive black paint, and then was planning to mask off the parts I want to stay black and then paint it mostly desert tan.

But last night I got the black all sprayed and I like it like that so much, that now I am contemplating leaving it that way!

383398_10151030323984465_645469464_13259297_257720435_n.jpg

However, I want to be able to put this truck in parades and things as an Army truck, and if it's all black, it doesn't really look like an army truck! But at the same time, I am going to put white Army stars on the hood and doors, and that could look really cool and unique as well. But yeah, I kind of prefer to keep these things as close to original as possible, yet I like to be different at the same time.

AHHHHHHHHH So yeah. I know it's my own personal choice to be made. I just had to share my dilemma with you guys. ha ha

Now I just need to get some 1400R20 tires for it:)

FL77

That's a tough call. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you like. The white stars would look good though on the black...

197thhhc

Black deuces are cool. But if you want the whole parade thing Then tan or green is what would work best. The simple answer is to buy another deuce.:beer:

Truckoholic

Yeah, having multiple trucks is the way to go for sure! I just have a hard time focusing on more than one. Ha ha. But I am definitely going to be trying to acquire an M925A2 this year. Maybe I can just paint that one military colors and use it in parades and my Deuce can be just for fun. :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still a military truck no matter what color it is. Never known a parade coordinater to restrict the colors of mil trucks either. What's the issue? Paint one side tan, one side black then you will have a light side and a dark side.

plym49

Maybe throw on a couple shades of dark gray for an urban camo scheme?

I do like it all black, though. Do the stars in a slight off-white so they do not look too stark.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks nice. You can always change it later. Or get another truck or three. You can enjoy it now just like it is without doing any more work.

Truckoholic

You can enjoy it now just like it is without doing any more work.

That right there is the important part! Ha ha This was like the 4th truck paint job I'd done within the past year, and a person can only handle so much of that! So as I was doing this one, I was pretty well worn out and said I AM DONE!!!! For now.............til I buy another one in a couple months. ha ha

FL77

Looks great! The before and after pics...wow, doesn't even look like the same truck. Now get some chrome on it...just kidding!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks