• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint

HECKLER

I have a few bad spots on my M35 that I want to take car of, but before I start grinding and dr-rusting I would like to get my paint first. What kind where to get it that sort of thing. My plan is to de-rust some spots on my truck before theyget out of hand. then after all my patch work is done I am painting the entire truck with the green baise paint. Put two of three coats on, then come back with the camo black and brown. If any one knows where and what paint code to get for the green paint for a 1971 M35A2 Please let me know. And thanks to all this site as been so helpful!!!!!

crazyplowboy

I sell the military issue CARC, pm me with what colors you need and I can hook you up.
What additional equipment is needed to apply CARC vs traditional paint? I know that you need a good respirator when dealing with the stuff but as far as spray equipment and handling techniques what is the difference?

deuceman51

Mainly a good respirator, gloves, and common sense. It is no different than automotive paint as far as the hazards involved. Commercial Urathane paints are just as deadly. Just spray it somewhere with good ventilation and not near a source of flame. Some of the guys who have more experience with auto body will probably chime in with their methods.