• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint

mbarber84

elkay12

I just finished repainting my deuce using 383 Green, 383 Brown, and 911 Flat black in rattle cans from RAPCO parts co. I was very pleased with the quality of the paint. It goes on in a nice even spray, and seems to cover well. Finish is a cross between flat and satin (if that makes sense). My friend just painted his M818 truck tractor using the 686 Tan.

The pic below shows both trucks once completed. Enjoy!

Attachments

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with RAPCO, Just did my M101A2, great coverage, easy to use, also you can get the pattern from the TM as well.
Bob.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quick clarification for you-
383 refers to the green/brown/black camo scheme itself.
The FS codes for the actual colours are Green 34094, Brown 30051, and Black 37030 (though any good flat black will do).

Likewise, 686 refers to the tan camo, the actual colour is Tan 33446.

If you buy your paint from one of the MV hobby dealers, they will know what you are talking about right away. If you get paint from a 'regular' paint dealer, you will need to give them the FS code.

I also have had good luck using the Gillespie paint from Rapco.

Cheers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks