• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painted my deuce

wb1895

I spent most of this past weekend painting my deuce and re-applying the new unit markings. I bought a case of 383 green spray paint from Rapco and was VERY impressed with the results.

I know how much you guys like pictures so here they are........

Attachments

whyme

im aware of many opinions and options but im curious, what did you do for surface prep? also did you just use rattle cans or get the gallons and cut it?

ive got a few gallons of of the stuff waiting for the warm weather.

edit: sorry to be a pain, what paint did you use on the bumper and bumperetts for the background of the unit markings (the tan/off white color)

Last edited:

wb1895

As far as surface prep, all I did was get some "Totally Awesome" degreaser from the local dollar store and pressure wash the entire truck. I went over her and picked all of the loose flaking CARC off and started spraying with my 12 pack of rattle cans.

The old paint wasnt that bad as far as peeling or flaking, but it was VERY faded and was starting to show some rust.

I did not paint the frame or wheel wells due to a shortage of spay cans, but I plan of doing that real soon.

Last edited:

wb1895

I fed the degreaser through the pressure washer. Then rinsed thoroughly, let dry and started slinging paint!!!!

As far as the back round tan goes I went to Lowes and found some flat tan spray paint, and some two inch stencils.

I taped off a square on the front bumper after I painted the truck then sprayed the tan, waited for it to dry, then sprayed my unit markings

Last edited:

ApopkaFL

Banned
Has anyone ever thought about painting deuce another color besides army color? As a lot of you dont know I am building 4door deuce with 8" lift with the 1600 53s on it. I plan to paint it the new mustang green with the under going to be black or the other way around, Green on bottom ( meaning axles under the deuce) black on top. What are your thoughts on this? A3 guy here BTW

Heavysteven

I have never consider any thing other than CAMO for my deuce. Camo CARC there is no substitute, but I used Rapco to touchup mine.

But you have if your building a monster truck you could paint it pink. It's really what color you like. I would do an internal search(that is ask yourself).

wb1895

One case of the Rapco 383 did the entire BODY of the truck. It was not enough to do the frame, axles, wheel wells, inside the cab, inside the bed, or troop seats.

I believe to paint EVERYTHING on the truck it would take two cases. My plan is to get a second case and finish the job right. I might even get new data plates:drool:

mcmullag

recently re-painted

I used RAPCO on my truck recently. Per bullldogmack13 instructions. 2 cases green, 1 case brown, and then use Rustoleum flat black.
I am impressed with Rapco paint too. It seemed to have an epoxy quality to it as you spray it and the paint just kept coming out of the can, I was surprised how much is in those rattle cans. My previous truck I painted with Krylon colors from Wally World. This stuff is so much better in quality and results wise. Before and after pics follow. I just roughed up my paint with a brillo pad thingy with attached handle from wally world and then sprayed it off at the car wash up the street. make sure to finish car wash with spot free rinse, that really does leave a clean surface. I am not done with the paint job yet and I still do have more than at least 6 cans of brown and 6 cans of green left.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks