• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painted my truck

swyne

Hello guys, I finally got to paint my truck. My brother came down from NH and gave me a hand. I picked up some carc and a Binks model 62 spray gun and went to town. I also bought some Rustoleum bed liner and did the floor boards and the bed of the truck. I want to lift the truck and and put a set of 37" OZ's which I have already mounted on 16.5 steel wheels. I'm just wondering whats a good easy lift kit to purchase. I also purchased all new lenses front and back for the truck. Engine compartment is fully detailed too. I had no rust to contend with because it came from the west coast. So it made my painting easy. Please let me know what you guys think about what kind of lift kit to buy.

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I flat love it.

Did the Rustoleum come out of the can that smooth, or did you thin it a bit. I'm wanting to do the interior of my M1009 that way. But I don't like the normal lumpy look I've seen with most bedliners.

That is excellent work.

How did you like working with the CARC? Difficult? Easy? In between?

swyne

some more pics

Forgot to mention I added red LED lights to the dash. Also during this I sprayed the inside of the gauge pods with "chrome" paint. It really made the lights reflect brighter. No squinting to see the gauges and looks better. I even did the 4x4 shiftlight with a red LED. All other bulbs done in white leds. And Yes the Rustoleum has a flat shine to it and it is smooth. Right out of the can. I used a brush to put it on and it does seem to level out good. 2 coats. The roller sucked. I really don't think it has tough as say Line-x or mabe Rhino liner but I'm not using this as a work horse. Just pleasure.

Attachments

swyne

I was in NMCB 74 Charlie Company from 91-94. BU of coarse. The carc paint was very easy to use. I was expecting a very difficult time. But then again I had never painted a vehicle before. So I was a little apprehensive. I guess you never can get rid of the "Can Do" spirit!!!!